Second Skin Audio

Google Sketchup:(10) 15" Woofers In B.s. T.l. Variation With New Illustration

Meade, I know... lol

I was imagining in Quakes case, an almost free air back pack... lol... kept making me laugh thinking of it... I know they are different cars and different installers

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Might be possible in a super streched CRX limo deal but not in a regular CRX.

Sounds like a far fetched pipe dream to me.

Only probibal way to get 10 15Inch drivers into a CRX is hauling them in the boxes they came in new and even that might be a fun task.

I'll believe it when I see it.

look, you have to be a serious motherfu#ker to get 10 15's and 30,000 watts in a Rex. Quake is not and it will never happen...so this thread is a waste.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

i did some calculations and it dont look good for u my friend

u need roughly 1800 square inches of port and that port needs to extend about 10 feet so...

in terms of box volume ur lookin at 125 cubic feet for a t-line enclosure

lines there are ways around the whole port area issues

when I use large woofers in tlines, or more than 1, I taper the line backwards, almost making it in to a horn

start the line off small where the woofers are, then proceed to a larger port mouth opening... its helps sometimes

if its a line with about 3 + bends, what I do is if for the first bend of 3 bends, I calculate 33% of total cone area, then 66% cone area, then 100% cone area for the final line

And I usually dont even go by the cone area any more

4 lines would ofcourse be 25%, 50% 75% 100% of total cone area number

usually works out fine, and gives the woofers a better low end response than even standard straight tlines

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

lines there are ways around the whole port area issues

when I use large woofers in tlines, or more than 1, I taper the line backwards, almost making it in to a horn

start the line off small where the woofers are, then proceed to a larger port mouth opening... its helps sometimes

if its a line with about 3 + bends, what I do is if for the first bend of 3 bends, I calculate 33% of total cone area, then 66% cone area, then 100% cone area for the final line

And I usually dont even go by the cone area any more

4 lines would ofcourse be 25%, 50% 75% 100% of total cone area number

usually works out fine, and gives the woofers a better low end response than even standard straight tlines

thats a good idea right there. t-lines are so very confusing

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I would keep going, but I will be warned to stay on topic

But the CRX thing, I know its not gonna happen, not realistic.. I do see 6-15s tho

sundown.jpg

Archived