Second Skin Audio

Can Power Make Up For Size?

if it was closer in wattage i would say ya the 18's. ( and i may be completly wrong cuz i know nothing about kicker amps) but i think the kickers you mentioned do atleast 2000 watts each righ? if so you have 2x the power or more and not a super huge diffrence in cone area ( i think 3 15's equal about the same as 2 18's). if the wattage on the amps is right i would go with the 15's. but my question is if you can fit 2 18's, why not 18" btls off the kickers??? :unknw:

Edited by jcm1689

To throw theory in it...

Twice the cone area = +3dB

Twice the power = +3dB

2 15s @ 5000w

2 18s @ 2000w

2 18s have twice the cone area of 2 15's so +3dB over them

2 15s have a bit more than twice the power of the 18's so +3 and a bit over them

Mind you that's all on the meter, and all theoretical of course. I suspect the 18's would be perceived as louder, especially because either way you'll get to xmax pretty easily on the lows and the 18s will move more air :)

So on the meter, yes (until you reach the limits of the woofer)

To the ear, maybe.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Is it possible, yes.

You can take one really good 10 inch sub with a lot of power and out perform two cheap 12's with very little power.

Cone area isn't everything but it helps.

My single 15" woofer gets louder than my buddies P.O.S. Duals. He has 4 12" Duals and I was using one 15" L7.

Its all about the build isn't it?

My box was a 3.5cu.ft. at 35Hz and he was using the Duals in the Dual prefabs with 600RMS and I was using 1000RMS.

Derp.

I need you guys to be serious for a sec, cuz this is kinda embarrassing... Well, i was chilling w/ my girl, and i asked her, since im strong, and have alot of power, does that make up for.... LOL J/K

i knew in your video that the container you threw up on your car was like a super sized bottle of some enzyte...i just knew it!

Edited by Bryan

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy