12in Solobaric L7 Kicker Help!

02 honda civic stock alternator and new but not good battery ...

i want to run my 12in L7 kicker to the best of its ability...

as of now i have a 750w amp running it

what should i do to my car so it can handle the wattage that it delivers ...

i was thinking of getting a yellow top that i seen for about 160 bucks ...

i want to know if my stock alternator would hold on me and not affect anything...

open to any help please and thanks ...

02 honda civic stock alternator and new but not good battery ...

i want to run my 12in L7 kicker to the best of its ability...

as of now i have a 750w amp running it

what should i do to my car so it can handle the wattage that it delivers ...

i was thinking of getting a yellow top that i seen for about 160 bucks ...

i want to know if my stock alternator would hold on me and not affect anything...

open to any help please and thanks ...

you stock will do but not that good i think that stock honda alternators dont hold up that muh ampriage.and you could get a beefed up alternator for that 160 but then you will nedd that battery too.are you planning on running a bigger amp???

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

you stock will do but not that good i think that stock honda alternators dont hold up that muh ampriage.and you could get a beefed up alternator for that 160 but then you will nedd that battery too.are you planning on running a bigger amp???

no im gonna leave the 750 because the rms on my sub is 750 so i should be good and its a coupe so it will knock regarless ...

so what you think nice yellow top ?

If you are only going to run 750 watts you don't need much.

Heres what you need to do.

First you need to do everything out of 4 gauge wire.

Do the big 3 and do it with 4 gauge wire unless you plan to uprade to a bigger amp latter then do it with 0/1 gauge wire.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=13280

Now that the Big 3 is done.

Get an after market battery and stay away from the optimum batteries and go with Kinetik, Power Master, or Stinger. These are by far are alot better.

Last run the 4 gauge from the battery to the amp.

Don't forget to fuse everything.

That is all you need to do for a 750 watt amp.

If there is still a probblem then add a 1 farad or 5 farad capacitor.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Heres a trusred dealer. Those optimum are just too cheap of quality.

You only need one battery. Just replace the one under the hood.

I use a Stinger Power2 SP1000. They are compact and small but have alot of pwer. Great for Hondas because they are small.

http://www.darvex.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Sc...egory_Code=BATT

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

You will crash that little 80 amp honda alternator. Your voltage will fall down to nothing under large bass hits. I would do a high quality AGM battery up front (biggest that fits) and a quality high output alternator.

You will crash that little 80 amp honda alternator. Your voltage will fall down to nothing under large bass hits. I would do a high quality AGM battery up front (biggest that fits) and a quality high output alternator.

You should be fine with what I have told you. Don't worry about the alt unless it starts to make a whinning sound or your voltage keeps dropping down under 11 volts.

I used to have a 94 Honda Accord and I used to run a Kicker ZR360 bridged at 2 ohms for months with no probblem. The Kicker ZR360 is a very current hungry amp and is hard on electrical systems. 36% efficient.

For the next 6 months I ran a Rockford Fosgate BD1000 in it at 2 ohms,1000 watts, and never once had a probblem and I didn't even do the Big 3.

No need for a new alt unless you start to have probblems.

You should be fine as long as you are only doing 750 watts.

Edited by ISO

Terryswork001.png

i ran a KX1200.1 at 1ohm with a 5 farad cap ( i know...BLAH lol) in my 91 accord for over a year and the lights dimmed but never had any major damage...just personal experience here. btw, the accord had a 40amp stock alternator

2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ

Pioneer 980BT

16 SA-10's - 4th Order Bandpass

NS-1 - 3 D3100's

DC & XS Power, Audio Technix, Sound Deadener Showdown

Team Sundown Audio