Sundown Audio

Hifonics DOA

SPLGEO

I Orded 2 hifonics tx1505d. One amp will not go out of protect, RAC's unpluged, and speaker wires unplugged. ITS STILL IN PROTECT. COrrect me if i am wrong but i belive its an internal problem.

The other one is wired up to teh BTL at .35 ohms, and its taken it like a champ

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried that, its teh same ground as teh other one, I swapped teh wires even. Then I have this little 12v latern battery hooked it to that voltmeter said +12 volts and still in protect, I swapped possiones of teh amps still nothing. I guess sonic will be getting an amp back.

Also ehar another question,  The amp is 1 ohm stable, teh sub is wire for a half (.35) ohm load and its takeing it fine. Teh orginal plan was an amp per voil coil. Impedence rise will knok it down to 2-3 ohms. Will butting both amps on there at 1 ohm each but any louder then the 1 amp at .35 ohms.???

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

I tried that, its teh same ground as teh other one, I swapped teh wires even. Then I have this little 12v latern battery hooked it to that voltmeter said +12 volts and still in protect, I swapped possiones of teh amps still nothing. I guess sonic will be getting an amp back.

Also ehar another question,  The amp is 1 ohm stable, teh sub is wire for a half (.35) ohm load and its takeing it fine. Teh orginal plan was an amp per voil coil. Impedence rise will knok it down to 2-3 ohms. Will butting both amps on there at 1 ohm each but any louder then the 1 amp at .35 ohms.???

I'll almost guarantee if you run 1 of those on each coil at that ohm load its goin to send a clipped signal or fry sooner or later.  depending on a cheap ass amp like a TX  hifonics to run a .35 load before rise isnt the smartest choice.

so its best just go get a new tx amp, and have each at .7 ohms?  will it be any louder?

thats all the money I had at the time. Christmas present from my parents.

It shoudl be ok where it is now. WIll it be any louder if i get the other amp and put on on each voil coil?