A Good Sq Woofer?

smokeumtires

when i see a fi sub compared to many of these real sq drivers it makes me want to vomit

He already said he wanted a mix of SPL and SQ and didnt want to spend a bunch of money. What wrong with the Fi? Its affordable. I vote for the RE SE's I had the 10's and 12's, they sounded great and got extremely loud, in a ported box. Of course there are better drivers. But they come at a price. :ph34r:

n2caraudio.com

He already said he wanted a mix of SPL and SQ and didnt want to spend a bunch of money. What wrong with the Fi? Its affordable. I vote for the RE SE's I had the 10's and 12's, they sounded great and got extremely loud, in a ported box. Of course there are better drivers. But they come at a price. :ph34r:

no fi sub is the best of both worlds, closest you get is Q or Havoc

Id take an old XXX over both of them all day. and knowing the price of them all you can get a XXX motor and get it reconed for roughly the same price as either

IDMax with 800-1000wrms up its arse, sealed. Won't rumble the lows so much but it'll punch like nothing else.

Might have issues finding somewhere to put it as it's a very deep motor.

RE XXX 12" in about 1 cube sealed also sounds very nice but $$$ and again a very very deep motor

Diving more into the serious SQ end of things... perhaps try and find a Phase Linear Aliante sub. Slim mount, very good SQ driver. Not particularly powerful but as soon as you go beyond the XXX/W7/idMax in terms of SQ the power handling tends to drop a lot due to the subs tending to have very high sensitivity (in order to be accurate?)

Anything Focal

DLS Nobelium

DD 9112? I think that's their SQ sub...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

IDMax with 800-1000wrms up its arse, sealed. Won't rumble the lows so much but it'll punch like nothing else.

Might have issues finding somewhere to put it as it's a very deep motor.

RE XXX 12" in about 1 cube sealed also sounds very nice but $$$ and again a very very deep motor

Diving more into the serious SQ end of things... perhaps try and find a Phase Linear Aliante sub. Slim mount, very good SQ driver. Not particularly powerful but as soon as you go beyond the XXX/W7/idMax in terms of SQ the power handling tends to drop a lot due to the subs tending to have very high sensitivity (in order to be accurate?)

Anything Focal

DLS Nobelium

DD 9112? I think that's their SQ sub...

I would use DD's 3500 series ...good power handling as well!!

nope. IMO dd subs sound good. not quite the general meaning of SQ (100% flat) but sound great in a correctly built ported box

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Archived