Second Skin Audio

New Re Xxx Vs New Btl

thanks input like that is help full......is the MX any comparison.........just a thought.....i dont think i can fit 2 18's and i know 3000ish rms is a tad much for that speaker just a thougt.... possibly 2 15's? mx's would that be descent..its just i got the dealer for re to hook me up on re products so i wanna take advantage....thats why the questions i do really want the new btl but im trying to find a way to make him happy and make me happy as i want that type of loud....

99 4runner

walled 2 18 fi btl ufo psi recones 15 cubes 33hz port bottom behind the C pillar

orion hcca 8000.1d

8 Polk audio mm 691 6x9

2 2000x4 hifonics

320 amp singer alt

3 g31

1 baby seat 1 booster seat and daily driven!

Roscoes watchin now, Iam sure he will put in some good input here

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i hope he hurries my girl is gonna take the laptop and this thread will be forgotten if i dont respond quikly pleses keep the helpful comments coming and keep the options to re and fi........

99 4runner

walled 2 18 fi btl ufo psi recones 15 cubes 33hz port bottom behind the C pillar

orion hcca 8000.1d

8 Polk audio mm 691 6x9

2 2000x4 hifonics

320 amp singer alt

3 g31

My experience of the xxx is this they sound great but by no means are ment for competition or anything close to the output of a BTL. If your going for loud rediculous daily beating then the BTL is more for you. If you want loud yet nice but not so much of a brain basher the XXX is for you. And I would never put more than the reccomended 2k per XXX no matter what again. IN summery the XXX is a finicky bitch...

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Let me say this you want output from re go with 2 15" sx's and 3k of power total and you will be more than happy!

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

actually im on to system number 8 i have had mtx 9500's kicker cvx 15's the old Btl's 18 inch Q in a frontier....I have have ran 2 sx's i have had a few descent systems I change systems like i change underwear.....at the moment i have a single 10 bl pulling 139.6 sealed at the dash as a temporary setup till i decide on the 18 that will call the hatch home.......so this really aint my first big system....and fi is REALLy not new to me i have owned all but 1 series of fi...

i have yet to try the new btl and if its what steve says it is it will be awsome...i was just trying to find reason in running re so i can make the rep happy...their is obviously a reason steve swapped the mt's for BTL's rite.......well ill check back on this thread later and i hope for more great input...

99 4runner

orion hcca 8000.1d

8 Polk audio mm 691 6x9

2 2000x4 hifonics

320 amp singer alt

3 g31

Let me say this you want output from re go with 2 15" sx's and 3k of power total and you will be more than happy!

i had 2 sx's and i was more than happy that is why i was hoping the XXX was something to desire as the btl is......thank you ill see what price i can get the XXX for if they are available.. if not ill put the order in forthe btl....ill keep looking for input and well post my descision and results thank you all very much...

99 4runner

orion hcca 8000.1d

8 Polk audio mm 691 6x9

2 2000x4 hifonics

320 amp singer alt

3 g31

IIRC the sx has a larger coil than the xxx and trust me I wish I had gone with the sx than the xxx cuzz after working with them both I fell in looooooove with the sx

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived