Second Skin Audio

New Re Xxx Vs New Btl

well i want some thing that will blow the crap outa my civic hatch and i have a z1 with the electricals to power a few houses.

I have already owned the older btl and have tried re sx's...i have played with a Q and currently have a bl...so im no stranger to RE or Fi

i just want some opinions...both subs will be porperly powerd and in proper boxes...

and price is not the issue i just want it to be loud as hell and sound good....so XXX or NEW STYLE BTL both would be 18inches and both stuck in an 89 hatch with a properly working z1 with well over 300 amps available at all times for full throttle fury.

and no other brands as i live in hawaii and shipping is not happinin...

99 4runner

walled 2 18 fi btl ufo psi recones 15 cubes 33hz port bottom behind the C pillar

orion hcca 8000.1d

8 Polk audio mm 691 6x9

2 2000x4 hifonics

320 amp singer alt

3 g31

1 baby seat 1 booster seat and daily driven!

when will people actually do some research on their own.

For the LAST time you cant compare a BTL to a XXX

Thats what I thought but I didn't fell like taking the time to post it lol....

XXX has a completely different goal than a BTL.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

when will people actually do some research on their own.

For the LAST time you cant compare a BTL to a XXX

No shit! owned4 18" new xxx's nice subs but not anything close to a btl... and yeah I have felt the new btls destruction, hell felt the old ones also just more of em lol

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

why vcant i compare the btl to the xxx iahve already owned the btl and was happy with it but im wondering if the output of the xx is compareable to the btl...so what makes them different both are saposed to be loud...

and i know there is a dd dealer in hawaii I personally dont care for the way dd's sound to me they are like kickers on roids....

I have done research and not many people have owned the new XXX there are very little reveiws and even less videos... there is an re dealer in hawaii so getting the XXX wont be a problem...

so what are the strong points of each and and the low..

I hear contradicting peole saying that the XXX wont take more than 2500 and others saying the have ran 3000 daily and burped 6000....

does the new btl have better sound quality? is the XXX meant for spl or SQ?

99 4runner

walled 2 18 fi btl ufo psi recones 15 cubes 33hz port bottom behind the C pillar

orion hcca 8000.1d

8 Polk audio mm 691 6x9

2 2000x4 hifonics

320 amp singer alt

3 g31

1 baby seat 1 booster seat and daily driven!

besides $1500 and maybe another 2-3" excursion, I dont see why you cant compare the 2

haha

But really, I think below 30hz the newer XXX will dominate, and the BTL will just get over all louder

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

why vcant i compare the btl to the xxx iahve already owned the btl and was happy with it but im wondering if the output of the xx is compareable to the btl...so what makes them different both are saposed to be loud...

and i know there is a dd dealer in hawaii I personally dont care for the way dd's sound to me they are like kickers on roids....

I have done research and not many people have owned the new XXX there are very little reveiws and even less videos... there is an re dealer in hawaii so getting the XXX wont be a problem...

so what are the strong points of each and and the low..

I hear contradicting peole saying that the XXX wont take more than 2500 and others saying the have ran 3000 daily and burped 6000....

does the new btl have better sound quality? is the XXX meant for spl or SQ?

I was actually going to mention, MAYBE Roscoe is the man to ask in this decision, he ran 4- 18" newer model XXX18s, and hes been around BTL 18s

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

so whats the difference in goal?

BTL-SPL

XXX-SQ

???????

it'll take a year, 5000 dollars, hard work, and some help from friends but it will work

(\__/)

(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your

(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Team Bad Company

Archived