Is It Achieveable?

If you want to do 153's, just get a crx, a decent pair of 8's, 1000 watts, and a 1cu ft box. :diablo:

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

x2 btl's wtf. and maybe 3000 more watts. i got 3 12" aa mayhems and 9000 watts only does 152 on a burp.

If you want to do 153's, just get a crx, a decent pair of 8's, 1000 watts, and a 1cu ft box. :diablo:

lawl

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Anything is possible (with time, energy, math, and pure love for audio)

Look up Nathan Munson and the great pumpkin

Case rested.

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

You can get 2 DD9510's and do a 155 like a guy did at a competition i was at. He was using a stetsom amp, did like and 8000 watt burp or something. But he reached a 155. He had an external aero port too. This was in a yaris too.

2 18" BL's off 3k watts is plenty in a wall.... the BL's are probably one of the most over looked subs.... so many people think u need BTLs/LVL5's or some crap like that.... 3k watts daily is more then plenty.... hell 1k watts with the right subs and the right box is loud. Too many people seem to think you can't get loud unless you have 4326235463245 watts and 213421365 inches of cone. It is seriously getting ridiculous.

/rant

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

very doable on a audiocontrol mic, my truck did 171 on music at the Car Toys I worked at on an audiocontrol meter but it only did a 159 on a burp on my new (personal) TL meter. If you are serious about hitting the numbers then you should suck it up and purchase the TL so you can build, tune, test, build, tune test over and over again. Subtle changes in your setup make all the difference. The BL's are great for SPL on a budget, it takes alot more than just an upgrade to BTL's to make the system louder so if you are not going all out it wouldn't make it worth the BTL's since you need soo much more amp power and electrical upgrades.

Build the right box, starting with the recommended specs and a removeable port. The meter is going to like a higher tuning freq than your ears will enjoy on music so you will want a comp port and a daily port to cruise with. Before you start remember why you want to do this cause it will test your commitment once you get a few dozen hours into the project and are frustrated with your output.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

very doable on a audiocontrol mic, my truck did 171 on music at the Car Toys I worked at on an audiocontrol meter but it only did a 159 on a burp on my new (personal) TL meter. If you are serious about hitting the numbers then you should suck it up and purchase the TL so you can build, tune, test, build, tune test over and over again. Subtle changes in your setup make all the difference. The BL's are great for SPL on a budget, it takes alot more than just an upgrade to BTL's to make the system louder so if you are not going all out it wouldn't make it worth the BTL's since you need soo much more amp power and electrical upgrades.

Build the right box, starting with the recommended specs and a removeable port. The meter is going to like a higher tuning freq than your ears will enjoy on music so you will want a comp port and a daily port to cruise with. Before you start remember why you want to do this cause it will test your commitment once you get a few dozen hours into the project and are frustrated with your output.

very good advice. essentialy the sub stage determines how much time/money you will put into your system.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

My next question is, do you think a sunfire/cavalier can handle all the weight daily? Or will I just be destroying my transmission?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Archived