well some of you guys might remember that my sister was debating on whether or not she was gonna give me her 92 civic or if she was gonna fix it. her retarded boyfriend was trying to convince her to fix it. she took the car to a mechanic and her said there was a bent valve and that the whole motor would need to be replaced. i just laughed. i explained to her that was not true. if the valve was bent you can rebuild the head. the mechanic told her it would be $1,000 for labor plus the cost of the engine. i again told her that guy was smoking some good crack. i called my people and set up the labor for $300 and a brand new head off of my buddies crx. it just had it rebuilt but decided not to use this head he wanted a fully built and machined one. he only wanted the $200 he put into it. and with the towing to my mechanic she would have spent about $700. she said FUCK IT. she called me today and told me its mine. that made my fucking day. i worked a deal out with my buddie for his head i am gonna build his subwoofer box and do some fiberglass for him and he is gonna give me the head for the car. i can tow it myself with my truck. so i am looking at about $2.00 for a head new head gasket and valve cover gasket to get the car running. my pops works for federated auto parts he is using his discount.

so i got my dream car finally. its pretty damn clean for a 92. it already has projectors, a short throw and is lowered1.5 inches with some ebay springs, and has altezza tailights but they are fucked up.

i will post pics as soon as she gets in her new home. i gonna clean the new home first though.

----reference's----

meade916

Good work. Goes to show it pays to know a bit about autos so you don't get taken for a ride by mechanics :)

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

do you have any pics of the car....i'd be interested to see

i am still trying to figure out how to get it to my house. it is bout a 20 minutes drive of nothing but hills. if i tow it from the front i will rip the bumper off. my truck is alot higher than the honda. and i can puch it with my truck because the rear bumber will hit the plastic bottom of my front bumper. so i am probably gonna get a car dolly from u-haul.

there will be build pics. first thing on the drawing board is to get it running perfect first. i have to wait on my biddy to decide when he wants his box built. then i get the head. i am thinking about just replacing the whole damn motor with either my buddy robs built ZC motor or saving and doing a type r swap this winter. either way it will be a minute before it get the status of a DD.

----reference's----

meade916