Sundown Audio

6000watts?

jcm1689

im need a amp(s) that can put out 6000watts and right around $1200 dollar range. so far this is what ive came up with .......

2 massive audio p3000.1's

1 Soundstream xxx-6500

looking for any other suggestions on amps or what you guys think of the amps stated above. also if anyone knows if the massives are stable at 1.5 ohms and if the soundstream is stable at .7 ohms. The amps are gonna be used for daily poundin! i def do not take it easy on my equipment i like to push it to its limits. there might be times where its playing for 5 or 10 mins at a time at full tilt multiple times through out the day. so if either of these or your suggestions wont hold up to this please let me know.

lots of amps

cliff designs cd4800.1

atomic 5000.1

cadence zrs9000d

hifonics goliath

(2)pb ax 4000d

(6) pb asa1000.1s if u wanted to go that route

lanzar 4000d same as xxx6500 but will do more power at 12-14 volts

lanzar 6000d

american bass 500.1

american bass 750.1

spl dynamics amps

02 dodge ram quad cab 4.7

pioneer 9800bt

pioneer 5700 dvd(yes 2 headunits 5700 for dvd only)

1 re xxx 15 (new style in center console)

4 18" fi btls in snugtop

12 mb quart 6.5s original ones not maxxsonics (kicks, 3 in each front door 2 in each back door)

quart 4" dash sp

2 soundstream xxx6500s

1 pd asa1000.1 for the xxx15

4 pb asa600.4 highs

4 7" screens

1 15" flipdown

2 red tops

16 g31 yellow tops

playstation 2

4 8x11 p.a. horns under truck (music plays through them)

db 80.2 for horns

2 underglow kits (1 flex kit in fenderwells)

24" martin bros vampires

Guest Powered By Hate

Sorry man :give_rose:

I just don't give a fuck.

someone says they want this or that, I'm going to push quality.

When your in C A ya just need to forget about price if you want something good.

Wait and save or you'll be unhappy.

U get what U pay for in this buisnes

and with that I'm done.

Thats some real shit right there =] I'm not big ballin or anything but even if it takes a year.. save the money. resist the "I need to beat now.." urges. Dont sell yourself short!

what about two AudioQue AQ3500 linked together that would be 1358 brand new

2 15" DC LVL 5' crescendo 5500 yellow top under the hood and two xs power d3100

Big three upgrade

Rockford Fosgate T162S components in front

Rockford Fosgate T152 in the back

Dynamat everywhere

I say screw price.

The amount of money he wants to spend will not equal joyfullnes.

This is from someone that is broke.

Cheap shit = lousy stereo sytem

Sorry man :give_rose:

I just don't give a fuck.

someone says they want this or that, I'm going to push quality.

When your in C A ya just need to forget about price if you want something good.

Wait and save or you'll be unhappy.

U get what U pay for in this buisnes

and with that I'm done.

yea i 100% agree with that. thats why ive been rollin the past 3 months with only a deck and some mids. i could have went to walmart and got some 50$ pioneer 12's and be bumpin a little but thats money that could have went towards something i would like to have way more and last way longer. so yea i agree i was just stating that you listed amps out of his price range :good:

Thats some real shit right there =] I'm not big ballin or anything but even if it takes a year.. save the money. resist the "I need to beat now.." urges. Dont sell yourself short!

look i understand what you guys are saying.....i preach this to people all the time. but every time i try to save somthing comes up. im in a finacial position to finally do a system that will get me by for a few years and show people what i can do till i can do what i really want. So please dont tell me what i could or should be getting im already aware of this. im simply just asking for suggestions in my price range and any info or experience you guys have with my or other peoples suggestions. that would help me alto more than saying i could get somthing really good for 2 or 3x the money

You could always do what I did if looking for cheap power. Keep scanning the forums for used T1000's until you have 4. They each put out around 1500rms so that would get you a total of 6k. At an average going rate of around $275 shipped I payed around $1100 for all mine.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

You could always do what I did if looking for cheap power. Keep scanning the forums for used T1000's until you have 4. They each put out around 1500rms so that would get you a total of 6k. At an average going rate of around $275 shipped I payed around $1100 for all mine.

hmm... wasnt thinking bout 4 smaller amps....i might be able to get the T1500-1bd brand new for around $300 a piece

EDIT: NM just called my hook up cant get em that cheap anymore. it would cost $450 and amp.

hmm... wasnt thinking bout 4 smaller amps....i might be able to get the T1500-1bd brand new for around $300 a piece

Everything I'm talking about are from Ebay.

I think the T1500-1BD is averageing $400 plus shipping. I have been watching them since they have come out.

Latelly I have seen acouple for around $380 plus shipping.

I'm not sure if those are refurbished or not.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

That's alot of watts...Ever tried those used Orion's..the 2500D's or what ever..that'll give you like 8k more like it but youc ould turn the gains down..I don't know prices though just asking if you want to check..

I could have swore I've seen them for around 380-400 used..but oldschool is so much more solid than some of the new "cheap" stuff...so, 800 for 2...that'll be around 1200 for 3...maybe less if you're lucky

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hifonics Brutus Bxi2607D (FRIED...saving for ZX2500.1)

2 15" 07 L7's ported at 32hz

Xplod POS for the MIDS, which are Memphis

SMDMafiaFrozenbritches.jpg

That's alot of watts...Ever tried those used Orion's..the 2500D's or what ever..that'll give you like 8k more like it but youc ould turn the gains down..I don't know prices though just asking if you want to check..

I could have swore I've seen them for around 380-400 used..but oldschool is so much more solid than some of the new "cheap" stuff...so, 800 for 2...that'll be around 1200 for 3...maybe less if you're lucky

ya. i used one in a blow through build that i did. not impressed at all with it. plus i would perfer to buys something new if i can so i dont have to hunt it down.

Just to add my 2c... the SS XXX6500 doesn't make anywhere near 6kw. Especially not at 12-14v. I don't think even the 10k makes power in that vicinity.

4 1.5kw amps would be a good bet, probably more efficient too.

Otherwise look for 2 big amps... most of the biggies don't really do much over 3.5kw at 12-14v as they're just not efficient enough.

I think you're unlikely to find a single amp that does a true 6kw at 'regular' voltages... maybe one of the new Stetsom 7KD2's or whatever they're calling them? They're meant to do 8.8kw @ 12v but probably a bit beyond your price bracket.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived