Alternator Question

i was going to install my alternator today and realized that the pully is much smaller then stock one and not to sure if will fit. and i know yall are like well just try it but i drive a 1995 acura integra and you gotta come out from the bottom and have a bar to pry enough space to squeeze through past the cv joint. so i was wondering if you were able to switch the pully from stock to new alt before i get it on there and takes another hour to get the bitch back out.

2 18'' fi btls fully loaded

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

3 powermaster 3100d series batts

11.75 cuft wall after displacement tuned to 31.08 hz

well ive never changed one on a interga yet but as long as the new alt has the same amount of ribs on the pulley as the stock one and u matched them up before u put it in and everything matches up ...im glad to say ur good to go bro ... the only thing ur gonna have to worry about is that u MAY have to switch to a inch or more shorter belt ... best bet to do it get a few and just keep tring them on till u get a good fit or piss whatever parts store u have by going up there and keep swappin belts till u find what u need ... the reason for the smaller pulley is to spin the alt faster to produce that need spike in amps at idle and to produce the high amperage we all want for our car audio needs...

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

really? im surprised iraggi didnt send u the right one ... well yea ur gonna have to get the right rib count on the pulley or ull eat belt ribs and will wonder why it screams bloddy murder on accleration and when there is a high load on the alt ...ok i would call iraggi and tell him to send u how ever many ribs ur stock pulley has and send u the right pulley and send him back the other pulley unless he wants the whole alt back ...

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

yea i was figuring there had to be some type of mess up but this is super shitty man im stuck with no alt and 3 hours worth of work to get the bitch off in the first place.

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

that sux bro ... i understand ur frustration ... i like my big ol gas gussling easy to work on v-8 ...lol sorry man... tell him to ship that pulley over nite ...its kinda his mess up if u gave him all the right info ...btw what is the pulley count on each

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

If the rib count is wrong double check the mounts as well. The pullies should be a swap ,the alt shaft should run the same size , pretty standered fit. I would tell him to get you the right shiz though so you can save the stock alt the way it is incase the new one poops you don't have to swap back. Good luck

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

yea the alt is the same size but the rib count on new one is 5 and the original is 4. ima wait till i get in touch with him tomorrow before i swap pullys over.

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

yea the alt is the same size but the rib count on new one is 5 and the original is 4. ima wait till i get in touch with him tomorrow before i swap pullys over.

It is fine, leave the 5 rib pulley on. Dom probably puts the 5 rib pulley on because he doesn't have access to a smaller diameter 4 rib pulley. It needs to be smaller diameter than the stock pulley to get the low RPM output up. If you put the stock larger diameter 4 rib pulley on that alternator, it would kill the low RPM output.

It doesn't hurn anything to have more ribs on the pulley than on the belt. The belt will just run on the inside 4 ribs of the 5 rib pulley.

yea but you underestimate how tight they cram the alts in the acuras i highly doubt itll fight long ways and i prolly wont be able to make up for the slack to tighten up the belt.

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt