Second Skin Audio

Can Someone Design For Me?

I used a formula from the carstereo.com site to come up with the 5x10 port area, but 5x10 is not the only variation that one could go with.

If you are talking about this design:3woofer.jpg

Then I was going by 45in wide 18in tall and 40in deep so that you can create the pyramid look on the top of the box.

The port on this box was by the size in the original post, but, later experimented with another formula and found out that winISD is not as good of a formula for determining port size, since it only measure the optimum volume and not the volume you want.

Edited by quakecitystudio

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

On: http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#rec calculating the length of a round port:

Your dimensions:

45 wide 18 tall and 15 deep=

Say a 6" port

interior volume=6.06019 cu. ft with wood being .5 in thick

tuning freq is 35hz

The port length would be: 5.875 in

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

I used a formula from the carstereo.com site to come up with the 5x10 port area, but 5x10 is not the only variation that one could go with.

If you are talking about this design:3woofer.jpg

Then I was going by 45in wide 18in tall and 40in deep so that you can create the pyramid look on the top of the box.

The port on this box was by the size in the original post, but, later experimented with another formula and found out that winISD is not as good of a formula for determining port size, since it only measure the optimum volume and not the volume you want.

It seems that box is around 18 cu ft (40' x 45' x 18'=32400"^3/1728 is 18.75'^3 right?)before displacements so it would have to be smaller. Preferably in the depth I'm hoping to be around 20-22 inches or so. I don't have to have the subs in triangle formation ,they can go straight across the top and that would be fine with me. So I'm planning on using a 12 wide by 7 tall port opening so what should the depth be? I don't know how to figure that part. Still aiming for somewhere between 30-35 Hz.

member9971.png

ive done installs for my buddies with the type rs and i believe i did two cubesish and 25 sq for port area. its in an 03 explorer and has a brutus1606 for power and it beats pretty good actually.

just looked it was 2 cubes 20 per.

Edited by n8ball2013

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

It seems that box is around 18 cu ft (40' x 45' x 18'=32400"^3/1728 is 18.75'^3 right?)before displacements so it would have to be smaller. Preferably in the depth I'm hoping to be around 20-22 inches or so. I don't have to have the subs in triangle formation ,they can go straight across the top and that would be fine with me. So I'm planning on using a 12 wide by 7 tall port opening so what should the depth be? I don't know how to figure that part. Still aiming for somewhere between 30-35 Hz.

Say for example:

45wide 18 tall and 18 depth= 7.3588 ft cubed before port and woofer displacement

and 6.79734 with the port displacement.

1 slot port at 35 hz

and the port being 12 wide and 7 tall.

The length based on the vent length calculator:http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

would be 11.55 inches deep.

Edited by quakecitystudio

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...