Second Skin Audio

Going to make an enclosure for a friend

Car- 04 Toyota Camry

Subs- Two 12" L7s dvc 2

Amp- ZX1500.1

I had some plans already to do a regular box, ported, firing into the trunk like a normal box would... Subs and ports firing into the trunk.

But I've always wanted to try to do a ported box, completely sealed off, firing into the cabin...Would it be a "huge" difference...I would imagine it would but would like your thoughts before I officially decide to do it this way.

It would be good when the seats are down.. but when seats are up it will sound like shit. The back of those seats are all metal. But i've heard 2 12"s ported (2 4" aero's) sealed from trunk firing into cabin in a saturn and damn was it loud. It was 2 Atomics. You know that guy Ivan with the CRX? Also has a saturn.  ;D 147.xx on termlab 2000 watts.

i definately think it will sound better firing forward, sealed of from the trunk. this is usually the best way to get trunks loud and sound good doing it. mine sounds great when the seat is down...when the seat is up, i loose some loudness, but it dont sound too bad. i would highly recommend sealing it off...just plan how ur going to seal it off, cause it can be tricky to make look clean and tidy

i likes me some audio stuff...

yea seats are a pain in the ass..i own a '03 camry myself...i don't even drive without the seats down, i loose so much sound with those things up it sucks  :ranting2:

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

6k HID Projectors & Fogs w/ Black housed headlights.

Optima Yellow Top - Front. Kinetik HC 600 - Trunk

Kenwood KVT-617

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2

Rockford Fosgate T2001-BD - Sub Amp

Alpine MRV F-345 - Front stage

Front Stage - A pillars - Dayton Audio 4" mids w/ Vifa Tweeters

Front Doors - Vifa - 6.5" midbass 1" Vifa Tweeters

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz