Sonic Electronix

Sounds like you really want a wall. My question is at what range of freqs you want that 150 at? low 30's? or upper 40's? If your shooting for 50's in the low 30hz range...wall it and get yourself as much cone area as you can fit in the cab. If not, it's very possible to get those #'s at higher freq's with a pair of 15's and a lot of power in a little bit of a peaky box....but it wont be very musical.

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

Just cut the back out and do 12 15s.

x3

haha....If I didn't like my stepside bed so much, I would've had a walkthrough by now.. :lol:

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

im prett set on a wall and i wouldnt mind it at high 30's that would be great i dont really care to much for the number long as i can squeeze a hair trick out of it and its loud to my ears

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

You could do like 2 15s non walled and do a 150, but you would need a ton of power on each sub and you would run into problems with the subs getting hot really quickly. Go with more subs to take the power. That way you have more subs so its louder, and alot more coil to take the power. Much better for daily. For straight SPL, something like 2 15s would be best, but not for a groundpounder.

galactic's statement would hold true for 12s but s10s are a bit different then vans and suvs a set of high quality 15s with the proper power will run daily no problem. If you dont care about how it sounds and just want to do hair tricks build a fart box and wall it off.

12s are grate for daily 15s are going to be missing just a bit of punch like in 80s rock 18s suck for music. there ok for bass music dirty south type rap and competing. You will find your self playing only certain songs because thats all that sounds good with the 18s. My fav is 15s but thats personnel preference. If your wanting to score on the meter put the subs both on the passenger side front and the ports on the drivers side top.

joo have alot to learn

I didnt mean it to be a dbag, im just sayn, what are u talking about? an 18 can sound perfectly fine on any type of music, its just all on the box.

Edit- i see way to many ppl sayn 15's or 18's sound sloppy, then i play some sevendust or something and it hits every beat perfect, and just as good as a pair of 10s or 12's sealed.

I didnt mean it to be a dbag, im just sayn, what are u talking about? an 18 can sound perfectly fine on any type of music, its just all on the box.

Edit- i see way to many ppl sayn 15's or 18's sound sloppy, then i play some sevendust or something and it hits every beat perfect, and just as good as a pair of 10s or 12's sealed.

Its how you tune it. I didnt say they wouldnt sound good. Because the cab of a s10 is so small you have give a little to gain a little. if you want to do hair tricks and pound the ground your going to have to give up a bit of sq. thats why I said youll find your self going back to certain songs that sound good. It can be done im sure if your German or something. But for the stuff were talking about thats what we get.

Archived