Wtb Alpine Cda-9887

like the title says i want to buy an alpine cda-9887

i played with one at a shop and fell in love with this headunit.

so i must have one.

so anyone got one?

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

I've got it and love it! :clapping:

I'd recommend it to anyone, but don't think it's going to be a plug and play setup for dummies. This deck is made for sound quality and as so it's pretty important to do all the fine tuning with it and you WILL be impressed.

I've used the same setups (amp and subs) and transferred them to many friends vehicles and no other head units out there can compare.

Like I say, buy it. You will NOT be disappointed. Enough said.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

al & ed's out of southern california is a authorized internet dealer. Got mine from there when I was in huntington beach earlier this year. And their prices are usually WAY better than crutchfield. That is if your are concerned with buying from a authorized dealer. if not try woofers etc.

Btw. got the same unit , AND I LOVE IT...:) I strongly recommend you get the imprint kit too...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

I want to imprint my truck, but damn if it's gotta wait. :( Right now I'm still building the new box for behind the seat, and I've yet to replace all of the stock speakers and add components.

THEN, after all that money, get my imprint on! :)

The kit looks like it would be nice, but i don't know if I can afford it for as much as I would use it. My local shop has the equipment, and they charge $40 to do it so I'll probably just let them do it when I'm finished with the build. :)

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I've got it and love it! :clapping:

I'd recommend it to anyone, but don't think it's going to be a plug and play setup for dummies. This deck is made for sound quality and as so it's pretty important to do all the fine tuning with it and you WILL be impressed.

I've used the same setups (amp and subs) and transferred them to many friends vehicles and no other head units out there can compare.

Like I say, buy it. You will NOT be disappointed. Enough said.

Gotta agree. Its definantly the best deck for the price.IMO

I strongly suggest you save up the 200 or so and buy the ktx-100eq. You will want to run it a few times. I bet I have honestly ran it 15 times if not more. A few tips and tricks can be found here. Although the thread is long , somewhere in the last four or five pages or so , there is a guy that is a huge audessy home audio nut and he puts out some great tuning advice. Some of the obvious stuff is , adjusting the sub amp so the gain is turned way down before running the imprint, and turning it back up to the proper input voltage afterward. The imprint will try to muffle your bass, to "match" the rest of your system . Spending forty bucks a run will get expensive once you start trying to dial it in properly. If you lived closer to me, I would offer you to come over and use mine as often as you like. And look around, sometimes on some of the forums, the imprint kits pop up for sale from time to time...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

I strongly suggest you save up the 200 or so and buy the ktx-100eq. You will want to run it a few times. I bet I have honestly ran it 15 times if not more. A few tips and tricks can be found here. Although the thread is long , somewhere in the last four or five pages or so , there is a guy that is a huge audessy home audio nut and he puts out some great tuning advice. Some of the obvious stuff is , adjusting the sub amp so the gain is turned way down before running the imprint, and turning it back up to the proper input voltage afterward. The imprint will try to muffle your bass, to "match" the rest of your system . Spending forty bucks a run will get expensive once you start trying to dial it in properly. If you lived closer to me, I would offer you to come over and use mine as often as you like. And look around, sometimes on some of the forums, the imprint kits pop up for sale from time to time...

Hmmm, that does seem to make more sense now that you say why to buy it. I guess it would be a while before I'm ready for it, so in that time I can keep my eyes peeled for a system.

Thanks for that link btw, that does have alot of good info on the system. Definitely just bookmarked that! :D

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I got one NIB never used, bought it fo my db drag car and never used it........325 shipped take paypal...

DAMN thats a fine price.

ill see if i can round up the cash moneys

you got any pics of it?

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz