Ok guys...well the wife ended up getting me a 360 for xmas...and got a couple of questions.

I'm curious to know how everyone's is holding up?  Before I opened up the box , I've been doing some reading up on the 360 and I can't believe the overwhelming threads that I read about how the 360 is crap, always overheating, freezing, scratching discs..etc.  So I am seriously debating whether to keep this thing or return it. 

My purpose is not to bash the 360 one bit, I'm just curious of real world experience.  Has anyone had any problems with the 360 and was the support good enough to keep the box, thats it!

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

it only freezes up on me when i hit the x button on the controller to bring up the friend list... it does that to me every so often when i like try to send someone a message too fast or like not doing it slowly so the xbox can think... if i do it slowly it usually doesnt freeze up but thats me.

do not tilt the xbox when the game is inside spinning... it has a giant ass sticker over the cd tray when you first get it to not tilt the xbox. stick to that rule and you wont scratch your cd. also keep it horizontal cause it may fuck up if its veritcal but thats just incase you wanna be extra safe. i hate loading in discs vertically on a disc tray anyway.

the old ones over heated. the new generation which came out february this year i believe will not over heat so if its brand new dont worry about over heating.

i would keep it theres really no major problems with it if you just got it plus microsoft is extending their warranty for a year. and theyre reimbursing those who already had problems with it and paid to fix it with what they paid... so i would keep it if you really want it theres really no problems with it

got my xbox 360 "1st gen" only freezes on new games for some reason then after it saves it will work fine... but i do suggest you get a nyko xbox cooler.. works great... have fun with it !! :clown2:

hey dude..heads up on the Nyko.  I was glad I found this before I bought one.  Apparently Microsoft is saying that Nyko voids your warranty, due to it possibly shorting out the system and here are some other noted issues.

http://forums.xbox.com/8994704/ShowPost.aspx

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

got my xbox 360 "1st gen" only freezes on new games for some reason then after it saves it will work fine... but i do suggest you get a nyko xbox cooler.. works great... have fun with it !! :clown2:

hey dude..heads up on the Nyko.  I was glad I found this before I bought one.  Apparently Microsoft is saying that Nyko voids your warranty, due to it possibly shorting out the system and here are some other noted issues.

http://forums.xbox.com/8994704/ShowPost.aspx

really ?? its not like you can't just remove it... hmmm  :^... on my xbox it just works better with it on... atleast currently but maybe not in the long run...