Help/need Hints For Competing

after the comp yesterday and the host telling me i could have done way better on my last runs im comming to you guys again for sum help. first off he said i was loudest at 47hz sealed up new TL on window, (he used sum L shaped thing and it was like 3-4inches up) i did fine burping but my bassrace sucked.

ok here is what happend, this was my first time competing and i didnt really know what song to play, he let me borrow one of his lil jon cd's and told me which song to play. well my cd player doesnt have a pause button so it was kind of a pain in the ass, i was letting the song play then rewinding it as soon as the bass would start going. this sucked, while rewinding it i accidently went back to the beggining of the song and then the comp lights started, i tried fast forwarding but accidently went to next track (by this time i was about ready to rip the HU out and jump on it). he told me himself that my HU killed me and that i should have wasted the guy i was going against from my results during my burp/qualifying.

for being my first show i had fun, won a coupld trophies and everyone there was really nice, no1 was hating on the few new people there like myself and everyone was willing to help us.

so now i need recomendations on a new cd player, has to have pause lol. also i like built in eq's, features like HPF's, subwoutputs, things like that.

also anyone know any good bassracing songs that are about 47hz?

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

lol need more then just a word xD. ill look around at alpines but for now anyone else have any other suggestions?

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

One word ALPINE

K everyone is gonna have their favorites and thats fine but really man go to the local store/s and play around with some in your price range/features till you find one that works for you. I have used every type (not model though) and I can come up with my 4 favorites: kenwood, eclipse, panasonic, and alpine. In no paticular order.

the panasonics are pretty good decks with alot of the features your looking for at a resonable price also.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Do you not have a remote? That pioneer will pause if you have a remote with the pause button on it. I also think you can pause it from the unit itself from the function menu.

Team Carlisle Acoustics - Team Sundown Audio

2010 MECA DB3 World Champ 127.2

2010 MECA DB3 KY State Record 127.3

2009 February MECA Member of the Month

2008 MECA DB2 World Champ 131.9db

2008 MECA DB2 KY State Record 129.1

2008 MECA Neighborhood Nuisance

2007 MECA AS2 KY State Record 144.2

i didnt see one on the remote but ill look in the function menu for it. would be easier to just have a button on the face 0_-

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Yeah those Pioneer/Premier's have that tough to get to pause button. I actually use a Pioneer deck for competing and I have to hit function then select pause.

But then again I also use an external volume control knob so I don't really need to pause, just que up the track then turn the knob.

But in your case, with your deck which is a perfectly fine head unit and to keep costs down in having to buy a new deck...use your remote's pause button. If you're particular remote does not have a pause button pick up another Pioneer/Premier remote that does. I believe they are all compatible. I know for sure there is a pause button on the bigger Pioneer remotes and will be cheaper than buying a new head unit.

And that L shaped thing is called a jig which the judge uses to ensure the sensor is placed at the same spot for all cars to get a fair reading.

As far as recommendations for a good bass race song for your car/setup...I'm sure someone will chime in. I'm not that up to speed with what people run playing nowadays or how they select a song other than actually using a meter and playing several songs til they find the right one.

007b-1-1.jpg

2009 dBDRAG RACING NATIONAL CHAMPION SSNW 161.2dB

2008 dBDRAG RACING REGIONAL CHAMPION, NATIONAL CHAMPION SSNW 162.8dB

2007 dBDRAG RACING REGIONAL CHAMPION,NATIONAL CHAMPION,WORLD CHAMPION SS1-2NW 163.6dB

2007 dBDRAG RACING WORLD RECORD HOLDER SS1-2NW 163.2dB

2006 dBDRAG RACING 4TH PLACE WORLD FINALIST SS1-2 165.4dB

2005 dBDRAG RACING WORLD CHAMPION SS1-2 164.1dB

2003 dBDRAG RACING 7TH PLACE WORLD FINALIST SS1-2NW 158.2dB

2002 dBDRAG RACING 2ND PLACE WORLD FINALIST SS1-2NW 166.1dB

2002 dBDRAG RACING WORLD RECORD HOLDER SS1-2NW 162.9dB

2001 dBDRAG RACING 6TH PLACE POINTS CHAMPION

2000-01 dBDRAG RACING WORLD FINALIST

10515a0.jpg

kk ill have to look at my brothers remote for his old pioneer. that is cool i didnt know that, are they compatible with the regular pioneer and the premier units?

yeah a good bass song would be good. i just took back my sony amp so i only have two subs playing for the time being and i dont play my music loud since the box is huge for two subs alone. i will hopefully be bumpin four subs by the end of teh week xD

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-