Pro Stroker Groundpounder (continued)

Posted Image

I'm not feeling the wiring, while it looks like you did your best to keep them neat and organized, it still looks cluttered and messy IMO. That's about the only negative thing I can say about your install though, everything else is solid.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Posted Image

I'm not feeling the wiring, while it looks like you did your best to keep them neat and organized, it still looks cluttered and messy IMO. That's about the only negative thing I can say about your install though, everything else is solid.

dont know if that was a good thing or bad lol never heard someone say it was messy lol but hanks for the feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

here are my newest videos of my setup (only have front vocals) didnt get to install rear ones yet. there on their way so shortly i will have my rear speakers installed thanks for the feedback!

Tell me what you think!

(im thinking about upgrading the subwoofers)(nothing wrong with them they hit GREAT i want something bigger =) thinking about (2) 18" RE XXX dont know yet)

dont know if that was a good thing or bad lol never heard someone say it was messy lol but hanks for the feedback!

I guess it was good and bad. Good in the sense that I noted that you made an obvious attempt to keep things neat and organized (by using wire loom, zip ties, thoughtful runs of wire) but bad in the sense that even with those attempts it still looks cluttered and messy (overuse of wire loom, too many wires going too many places, long runs of wire when could have used shorter one's, etc.) I'm very particular when it comes to visible wiring, I think as much of it should hidden as possible and what is visible should be very clean, neat and tidy, as well as being symmetrical in comparison to the equipment.

Posted Image

Some things that stand out to me are:

the location of the fuse holder and the wire that runs horizontally to it

-If it were me, I'd have installed the fuse holder a bit higher, or even vertically, so the wire that's currently running horizontal would be parallel to the large Kenwood unit and the board it's mounted on

-and the same wire is twice as long as it needs to be, you could have attached it to the topmost bolt. But I understand you wanted to keep all connections grouped instead of having one here, one there.

the wires that connect to the strips on the left side

-too much overlap; look at the power wires in particular. It looks to me like they would sit flush and would not be overlapping each other if you simply moved them around. Take the bottom wire and move it to the third spot, and move the remaining wires both down a spot

wires coming from the Kenwood unit

-I think it would look better if you had the wires coming straight down into the main clump of wires at the base of the box instead of running at weird angles to the main clump.

the wires on the right side of the fuse holder

-not sure why you chose a longer run of this wire instead of the shorter, neater, wire management friendly run straight to the connection at the top of that strip.

-the black ground wire, if it were me, should been routed under the board and then back up to the ground strip instead of how it is currently.

the ground wires on the right side

-same as the power wire on the left, the bottom wire should be at the 3rd connection with the other two moved down a spot each. This would allow the wires to rest beside each other and allow for cleaner presentation and wire management.

Just a few observations, nothing too dramatic but I think they would make your setup look a little cleaner and less "busy".

SQ saying it looks messy is absurd

We're all entitled to our own opinion, if you don't agree with mine that's great, but at least respect other opinions whether you agree with them or not. Really no sense in arguing someone's opinion, right?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

hm ok consider this....its all hidden when his seats are up??

lmfao i was thinkin the same thing http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Archived