Extreme Groundpounder Build Up. Got Steel?(new Pics/doors Started 10-23-2k8)

ok so its a new yr, and  I have been itching to work on the new project, what a better time to start a project :construction: than now.  :D

its gonna be a slow build, Im not doing just audio, I will be bagging the car too.

so basicly the car is all stock, only thing that I have done so far is remove the rear seats.

today Im gonna rip out the rest of the interior that is in my way,  and start laying out the space so I can get everything in it.

project goal is a 150+ Db bassRacer show off car.

vehichle is A 1994 volkswagon Jetta III  Bagged  :excl:

current pieces to the puzzle include.

2) 18" RE AUDIO MT's ( will be reconed with BTL softparts)

120' of 1/0

80' of 8guage(speaker wire for subs)

Half of the Air-system (tank, compressor, valves, switches, and plumbing.)  need some universal baggs still.(ordering soon I hope)

SoundStream Exact 6.3 componets for front stage ( I need more I know, anyone have some SS exact 6.3s for sale they sound awesome)

Alpine 4 channel 800wrms  for mids/highs (forgot model number duh)

Viper x791 alarm.

so I have about half of the products to really build it, so Im gonna start tearing it down.

I have lots of wood and glue and screws and all that, I cant fully finish the wall untill I get the rear air struts inand working otherwise I wont be able to get to them.

no pics as of yet I havent taken any yet, but I will.

more to come..... stay tuned.

That's what I'm talking about David. Take your time, get it right. I'll be here waiting. Just remember, PPPP (Please Post Plenty Pictures).

fo sho  :matrix:

its actually cold out there  :cold: lol  but I got some work done. and I took some pics.  ;D

I took out the rest of the trunk carpet out  removed the seatbelts,  and vacuumed out the area.

( the car is pretty dirty it sat in a field for a few months before it came to me, and it has sat since I have gotton it except a few runs.)

I played around with some scrap ply wood so that I could have an idea of how much space I have to play with.

guesstimating around 25 cubes depending on how its built.

Posted Image

looking at this angle its gonna be close, subz will sit low and port will be up top.

Posted Image

this the back of the wall (well not really)  I will mount the air tank there then underneath it I will mount the compressor.

said air-system.

Posted Image

Posted Image

subz I still cant believe how HUGE they are.

Posted Image

more to come later, gotta figure out how the front seats come out.

David

ok well it warmed up and I got busy.

I didnt get it completly gutted but its deffinitly closer

rear of car very naked.

Posted Image

no more Seats or center console. :matrix:

Posted Image

looking into the car from the trunk opening.

Posted Image

tomorrow I will see if I can get the carpet out, then the lower half of the dash, so I can start wiring up the alarm, and the valves for the airbags.

hopefully buy next weekend I will be ready to start installing the 4 runs 1/0.

yup 4 runs of 1/0,....... 2 pos and 2 neg, one pos off of the alt and one off the batt, same with the neg,  one from the batt the other from the alt casing.

I have learned from some of the very loudest people in the world, I have read and done my homework, it takes mad power to make mad power and I will eventually make mad power, might aswell wire it up right the first time, so I dont have to do it later.

Archived