Sundown Audio

Sae-1200d Pre-order Open - $350

Another special deal for Sundown customers!

------

Pre-Sale price is $350 on these until they arrive in around 4 weeks. Pre-Sale is direct from Sundown only - once they arrive the pre-sale will be over and they will be regular priced at $499 MSRP.

Price is shipped in the continental 48 states, e-mail for otherwise.

PAYPAL to [email protected] to order - no quantity limits!

Or mail a money order / cashiers check to:

Sundown Audio

151 Rebel Hill Dr

Mooresville, NC 28115

If you mail a money order be sure to include a note with your name, shipping address, e-mail, and phone number.

This is estimated time for delivery (4 weeks), could be more or less - but this is a great deal on these amps to those with patience!

Full 2-year normal Sundown Warranty (and 5-year discounted replacement).

SOLID amp, very under-rated.

They do come with a remote gain knob as well, FYI.

-----

PICS:

Posted Image

* Front face identical to current SAE-1000D model

Posted Image

* Control panel side w/ hi-level inputs and woofer remote input (this remote is not compatible with other remotes)

Posted Image

* Silver colored metal connectors to match other amps. Notice all internal fins are textured with "micro fins", as well as insides of side walls and bottoms of the feet. Very high surface area for heat dissipation!

Posted Image

* Dual Torroids, large output filter inductor, etc. You can see the substantial transistor banks discussed earlier as well as the healthy sized capacitor banks.

-----

Testing done on August 21st on production sample:

Playing around with the SAE-1200D a bit just testing maximum power, period. No regards to distortion we got up to the following:

43.3 Amps

46.7 Volts

1.08 Ohms Actual

----

2022 Watts

Any more and we would blow the fuses to pieces.

Just curious to see how far we could push it - this is not a test with regards to distortion at all, THD was probably well into the double digits here - well into clipping.

Actual output at low distortion is easily 1200-1500 watts at 12.8 volts in a car.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Little more information for those that missed it - this is a solid amp @ 1 ohm and under 16 volts. It is not an SAZ series amp so does not like to be ran at 1/2 ohm for music or on 16 volt systems. If you plan to do either of those things the SAZ-1500D is still the amp for you.

I am very pleased with this model and it is the first of many new models in the works for the SAE line!

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

damn was that 2022 watts max or RMS?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

So if I read correctly, at one ohm mono, they will put out about 1200 watts RMS? And the bass remote is included? And for the pre-order price, they are comparable (and cheaper) to some Rockford models...

I just got my jury duty check, I might have to snag two.

Edited by sdrawkcaB

Custom 1977 Chevy Nova Show Car:

(1) Kenwood KDC-MP638U Head Unit

(10) Sony 3" in the dash

(2) Rockford Fosgate P3 12" P3D412

(1) Rockford Fosgate P1000.1bd @ 1ohm

(1) Rockford Fosgate PEQ Bass Remote

(1) Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Digital Capacitor RFC1D

All Rockford Fosgate 4AWG Power/Ground wire

Under construction:

(2) Rockford Fosgate P162C 6.0" 2-Way Full-Range Speakers up front

(2) Rockford Fosgate P1694C 6"x9" 4-Way Full-Range Speakers in the back

EVERYTHING hidden to maintain authentic look

How long's this pre-sale for?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Another special deal for Sundown customers!

------

Pre-Sale price is $350 on these until they arrive in around 4 weeks. Pre-Sale is direct from Sundown only - once they arrive the pre-sale will be over and they will be regular priced at $499 MSRP.

Price is shipped in the continental 48 states, e-mail for otherwise.

PAYPAL to [email protected] to order - no quantity limits!

Or mail a money order / cashiers check to:

Sundown Audio

151 Rebel Hill Dr

Mooresville, NC 28115

If you mail a money order be sure to include a note with your name, shipping address, e-mail, and phone number.

This is estimated time for delivery (4 weeks), could be more or less - but this is a great deal on these amps to those with patience!

Full 2-year normal Sundown Warranty (and 5-year discounted replacement).

SOLID amp, very under-rated.

They do come with a remote gain knob as well, FYI.

-----

PICS:

Posted Image

* Front face identical to current SAE-1000D model

Posted Image

* Control panel side w/ hi-level inputs and woofer remote input (this remote is not compatible with other remotes)

Posted Image

* Silver colored metal connectors to match other amps. Notice all internal fins are textured with "micro fins", as well as insides of side walls and bottoms of the feet. Very high surface area for heat dissipation!

Posted Image

* Dual Torroids, large output filter inductor, etc. You can see the substantial transistor banks discussed earlier as well as the healthy sized capacitor banks.

-----

Testing done on August 21st on production sample:

Playing around with the SAE-1200D a bit just testing maximum power, period. No regards to distortion we got up to the following:

43.3 Amps

46.7 Volts

1.08 Ohms Actual

----

2022 Watts

Any more and we would blow the fuses to pieces.

Just curious to see how far we could push it - this is not a test with regards to distortion at all, THD was probably well into the double digits here - well into clipping.

Actual output at low distortion is easily 1200-1500 watts at 12.8 volts in a car.

How long's this pre-sale for?

reading > ju

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

damn was that 2022 watts max or RMS?

We measured RMS current and RMS voltage with a Fluke meter - but I would not call that an "RMS rating" as distortion was VERY high, we just wanted to see how far we could push it for guys considering running it for SPL.

Expect 1200 - 1500 watts RMS of low distortion power.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg