What Tune For Spl

i have a 7cu tuned at 35hz can i still hit good numbers?

There are so many factors that play into what kind of numbers you'll hit.

And 'good' is an opinion.

I'd have to say, if you are happy with how your system sounds, then that would be 'good' for you.. don't worry about what numbers you'll pull

--This is Footlongsam on Roscoes computer btw

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

i have a 7cu tuned at 35hz can i still hit good numbers?

Not if you're up against someone with 4cu tuned to 74hz in a Fiat Panda ;)

It's a silly question you're asking. You didn't even mention what the vehicle is. For example my Corolla peaks at 58-62hz all depending on where I put the box while my friend's Corolla 3-door peaks at 63hz, while another friend's wagon peaks at 48hz. So what good would be playing 63hz in the wagon or 48hz in the Corollas? The only way to find out is to spend a few hours with a termlab and a hacksaw...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

• 2 weeks later...

If it was me, I'd take it to my shop after I put a sealed box in or cover the ports I did have.

They have a c.d. there that each song is an seperate herz and they bump it up till it peaks on the meter.. On my 98 Ford Contour it happens to be 51 Hz.

Tune from there.

I think they charge 5 bucks for doing that and another 5 for a tone cd at your hertz.

Edited by alvitae

• 1 month later...

trial and error. you can have a setup thats louder with the box tuned 20hz higher than the cars res freq on paper yet be louder than a setup tuned to 5hz below res freq of car.

a general rule is to tuned 3-10hz below the cars res freq (everyone has there preference on how much lower to tune there box)

on another note. in my truck getting the correct box volume is more of a factor than the tuning freq.

Ford Explorer 2000

4 12'' Type R's under window line

Legal: 155+ dB

Well the resonant frequency of the car isn't always necessarily the peak frequency. And not only the tuning of the box, but the dimensions play a big role in how the waves travel through the car.

I've had the MOJOs and they were awesome and they respond well to either music or excessive power (however you apply them). I would suggest tuning higher with the MOJO if you're going for numbers.

Run a sweep on a sealed box close to the same setup as your planning (facing forward, up, backward, etc) and have it metered. Then play around with a few port designs close to that and move the box around to find what works best. There are way too many factors to just tell someone what the best setup would be.

Check out this website for how to find a good box design for your car:

http://www.caraudiomag.com/technical/0203c...sics/index.html

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/