Sundown Audio

Why Does It Have To Be 50hz

javy101

well an amp can somewhat be like a house receptical, i seen a vid somewere of someone usein a jbl gt6000 powering a saws all from the speaker outputs ona 60htz tone, why im sayin this is cause an amp has an alternateing current and its best is around 50-60htz cause thats were most music lies around and gives a good freq range from low to high if im not mistaken its prolly what is best to use for what the power supplys put out at, hope this answers ur question

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

well an amp can somewhat be like a house receptical, i seen a vid somewere of someone usein a jbl gt6000 powering a saws all from the speaker outputs ona 60htz tone, why im sayin this is cause an amp has an alternateing current and its best is around 50-60htz cause thats were most music lies around and gives a good freq range from low to high if im not mistaken its prolly what is best to use for what the power supplys put out at, hope this answers ur question

so a 55hz test tone should be good

ya, ive read anywere from 50-60htz, i dont really see any diff between the 2 tho but i can tell taht a higher freq pulls more current than a low freq does so thats why they say use a 50htz tone, but settin an amp with freq is wierd tho cause u gotta add into factor ur bassboost and ur sub sonic filter also, maby this will be more informative tho http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=4382 anyways happy posting

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ya, ive read anywere from 50-60htz, i dont really see any diff between the 2 tho but i can tell taht a higher freq pulls more current than a low freq does so thats why they say use a 50htz tone, but settin an amp with freq is wierd tho cause u gotta add into factor ur bassboost and ur sub sonic filter also, maby this will be more informative tho http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=4382 anyways happy posting

i disagree

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P4050UB

Subs: 2 Pioneer Premier 12" ts-w3004spls

Sub box: 3.2ft3 tuned to 35hz

Sub Amp: SoundMagus DK 1800

Speaker Amp: Rockford Fosgate 200a4 Bridged to fronts

Front Speakers: DLS MS5A components

2 gauge power & ground

141s19i.jpg

just as long as its a constant tone that lasts long enough to get an accurate voltage, A/C meters do read the AC current most accuratly in that range 50-60hz

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

On a sub amp you want to use frequencies between 50 to 60hz because that is where the crossover peak is. Those frequencies are least affected by the crossover or infrasonic filters.

Juan Rodriguez

Chief Technology Officer

D'Amore Engineering

T15KW Support Engineer

System.

KVT512 Kenwood Fold Out Monitor

Epic-160 Audio control Indash epicenter

(1)T1500-1BD with T2000.1 Transformer 1700 watts at 2 ohms

(2) T600-2 with T800-2 Transformers 320/ch at 4 ohms

(2) QSD216 Q series MB Quart 6.5 inch components

(3) P3D212 Rockford P3 12inch Subs

(1) Very Loud Altima Coupe!

download audacity and you can make any sine wave you want

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

Negative ghost rider. More power is needed to generate a full power low frequency waveform than one of a higher frequency. Also, most loudspeaker's have the lowest resistance at borderline sub-bass frequencies. Less resistance=more power from the amplifier. 50-60hz however is a mean average of most bass testing. That, 100hz and 1k are pretty much standardised test frequencies.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

i disagree

I agree, it's spot on. Why d'you think the make tweeters small.

Theoretically you could put 20kHz out of a sub, but the ability to control such a thing would be and incredible feat...

50Hz just gives the spot on calibration for the gain setting guide. If it were 55 it's be different but only marginally i believe.

australia03junehl4.gif

Previous: 1988 Nissan Patrol

Rockford T800.4

Rockford T1 15 (sealed)

Rockford 6.5 Components

Current: 1997 Jeep Wrangler

Build goals...

1x RF P300.2

4x Hertz HCX165's

Built Completes :)

Alpine 9886 Headunit

RF P300.2