Sundown Audio

Anybody Ever Use This Amp?

99vic

damn it i created a Posted Image

thread :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i was just asking opinions... not who has the loudest 12s or best amps believe me your not the only one with loud ass 12s civicman,b slaps (i believe they were 12s), andre (sp) has some loud ass 12s that i have seen in person, im not saying your not loud im sure u are but i was asking about that specific amp and quality of it....

You're right. I'm sorry for going off topic, but I had to defend the brand that I run since it's got me where I am now. I figured I'd throw a little bit of my history out there so you guys would know that I believe in the Crunch brand. No disrespect intended. My answer for the money that amp will do well.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

yup. i run crunch and it is one of the best amps i have ran. mine are in a enclosed space, i used to have voltage drop in the 8.x range and they barely get warm. i ran a RF punch 1000 and it burned up when it got below 12.0 and was roasting hot even with my rear AC vents blowing right on it. oh yeah tomorrow i go to home depot. :yahoo:

----reference's----

meade916

Crunch is a good respectable brand. Most of the people I've seen hatin on them have never even owned one and are probably pissed off that they spent twice as much on an amp. Then they found out they could have spent way less for an amp that will hang with theirs all day long. I'm only speaking from experience with the GP3000D pro. I have not used any other Crunch amps, but if they follow the same trend as this amp they will be okay. I've never heard an owner of one of these amps have a bad thing to say about them. So they must not be the crap all these people are talking about.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Ok, I just saw this thread and i got to tell you how funny some of the posts are and mostly by people that have no experience with Crunch products.

Powerzone is rated at maxx power like all other amps in it's price range.

It is what it is.

Most of you may not know that these amps are designed and engineered by the original Hifonics engineer that designed the Hifonics Series 1 through series 10 which is to prior to API buying Hifonics and Crunch and destroying both brands.

Although the amps are very inexpensive, they are designed and engineered as well as any amp on the market.

We don't use the most expensive pcb's and we don't use the most expensive low tolerance parts but they are rock solid and I would bet they are the best amps for the buck you can buy watt per dollar.

I'll compare the sound quality to many amps at twice the price any day.

Want to do a Pepsi / Coke challenge...let me know.

Now, the Ground Pounder GP3000D-pro is a completely differant animal.

It uses the same board as the XXV Thor and is probably one of the best 3000 + RMS watt amps you can buy at any price.

I don't mind that not every one likes our amps but if you have something bad to say...please be specific, explain your personal experience and i will gladly discus the issues with you.

For those of you that support Crunch...good for you and thank you for speaking up and supporting our products.

With todays technology, you don't have to break the bank to get great performance.

Ok, I'm off my soap box now.

^^^Well said. Straight from the mouth of the horse for all the haters out there.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Could you spell that out again still think your wrong ;) and I told him to buy the crunch amp but that's hating to some people ?? IMO there crap I'm untilted to that

They're crap why? Because you've seen them sitting on a shelf or in an online store. I bet you've never even heard one in a vehicle. Is Hifonics crap in your opinion? I think Stetsom is crap. I think that the guy who pushes it is an asshole. Everyone does. You can waste your money on more expensive amps and I'll get the same performance out of my "junk" amp and we'll both be happy then.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

i ran the pzi3000 on my two 12" l7's at 1 ohm......and it was actually a pretty good amp....it pushed em pretty hard.....if your friend is lookin for about 14-1500 rms at 1 ohm, then its not a bad amp, especially for the price.....never had a any trouble with it at all.

2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition:

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

amp: Kicker ZX2500.1

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

i ran the pzi3000 on my two 12" l7's at 1 ohm......and it was actually a pretty good amp....it pushed em pretty hard.....if your friend is lookin for about 14-1500 rms at 1 ohm, then its not a bad amp, especially for the price.....never had a any trouble with it at all.

Thank you for the honest testimonial. That's all I was asking from someone. I don't see how people are always downing a company or product when they've never actually used it. You were an individual that actually used this amp and gave your opinion on it. Anyone I've talked to that has actually used any of the Crunch amps have said that they couldn't be happier with them for their dollars spent. Hell, I'd love to own a Mercedes but I can't afford one so I own a Ford. I still would love to have a Mercedes, but I LOVE my Ford. It's the same situation with anything. Everything is not always in our price range, but we do like and enjoy the things that are. Some people need to stop being stuck up snobs and realize that everything that costs a ton of money is not always the best.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Archived