a_plus Posted September 3, 2008 Report Posted September 3, 2008 i kno there's prob alot topics about a pillars ...does anyone kno where i can find them.. im really tryna find out how u support them to stay up any help appreciated.. my setup: alpine iva-w205 fosgate t30001 rf t8004 re 6x9 2 re sx 15's 4 inch fosgate fanatic q components hertz 6.5 comp kicker 1/0 wiring ipod direct connect 2 optimas batts in the middle of rebuilding
loganberry Posted September 3, 2008 Report Posted September 3, 2008 top right hand corner of screen..."search" hit that and type it in My F-150 Build GET ON THE BANDWAGON what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder hahah jk
ptcary Posted September 3, 2008 Report Posted September 3, 2008 Depends on the specific vehicle I guess. Mine have tabs on the bottom that slide into the dash that support them, metal clips up top snap into the sheet metal. If you really need additional support, you could run screws in them, but that is a tough place to be drillin holes in your car! Once I decided on exactly where I wanted my speakers, I adjusted them to make sure I kept the rear support structure of the plastic pillar intact. There are a few posts here on SMD, I had trouble finding info too, but I did post my buildup of them. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
a_plus Posted September 7, 2008 Author Report Posted September 7, 2008 Depends on the specific vehicle I guess. Mine have tabs on the bottom that slide into the dash that support them, metal clips up top snap into the sheet metal. If you really need additional support, you could run screws in them, but that is a tough place to be drillin holes in your car!Once I decided on exactly where I wanted my speakers, I adjusted them to make sure I kept the rear support structure of the plastic pillar intact. There are a few posts here on SMD, I had trouble finding info too, but I did post my buildup of them. thanks ptcary ya i see ur build ..to be honest u kinda inspired me to try to do it myself... i guess ill build them and figure it out then... i may send u some pics once i get started ... my setup: alpine iva-w205 fosgate t30001 rf t8004 re 6x9 2 re sx 15's 4 inch fosgate fanatic q components hertz 6.5 comp kicker 1/0 wiring ipod direct connect 2 optimas batts in the middle of rebuilding
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.