Sundown Audio

amp for my btl(s)

thegr8cody

how do i fuse the wires off the last battery to my amp if im runnin one wire what size fuse should i use?and those screw on terminals will let me have 12 runs off the front battery?

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

No, no, no. Its 3 runs..not 12. U will have 3+ and 3- wires from ur front battery to the rear of ur car. Just like u have it drawn up. U have 2-big amps and 1 small amp. U take 1+ and 1- from the last battery (whatever size wire ur amplifier's manual suggests with a 300amp ANL) and hook it up to 1 of the big amps. Then u take another + and - wire with a 300amp ANL do the same for the other big amp and then u'll probably only need 4guage for the small amp with a 100amp ANL. Not trying to be funny but u keep asking the same questions over and over. Just read. U have it drawn up correct. Its 3 runs not 12 runs. Look at the picture u have drawn. That is 3 runs. U have 3+ wires and 3- wires to ur batteries. SO...... ITS..... 3..... RUNS......NOT....... 12.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

i didnt mean 12 runs off i meant there'll be a total of 12 on the front battery,6 off the alternator and 6 comin off the battery into the back,thats what i was askin,sorry i prolly worded it funny,but i still dont get how to put all them on the battery,i kno about the end loops but as far as fitting all them on one battery terminal i dont get that,anybody got pics of how to do it,

1998 gmc sierra

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

Most battery terminals have a screw on the side or either on top. U know how u would put a washer onto a bolt and screw the nut down on top of the bolt.....same senario except instead of a washer ur using ring terminals at the end of the wires and u do it the same way. Once u get ur stuff and start installing it, u'll see how easy and simple it is. Different people have different methods of doing it, u'll just have to figure a way that is comfortable and what works for u...but Thats how Id do it.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

you mean how an optima has the side posts?just use a bolt that'll fit the loops on the end and just put them on and tighten?should i use a washer then the loops then bolt?

1998 gmc sierra

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

you mean how an optima has the side posts?just use a bolt that'll fit the loops on the end and just put them on and tighten?should i use a washer then the loops then bolt?

use a nut between eachrun so you can make sure they stay tight

Archived