so i finally sold my civic. i got $600 for it. not as much as i wanted buy hey its enough to rebuild after my last show this sunday. i wish i had more time to rebuild before this show, but i am gonna take what i have learned here on SMD and finally put it to use. the new box is gonna be a little over 9 cubes tuned to 32 htz. i am sick and tired of having 4 12's and getting shit on by people with 2. the box design came from nightshade so if it does not work i am gonna blame him. lol. i am gonna start monday on the new bix but i wil post pics of the old set ups now.

1211491887.jpg

1211492069.jpg

1211492243-1.jpg

1211491642.jpg

1211491694.jpg

1208665930.jpg

th_KIF_0067.jpg

th_KIF_0066.jpg

those were take 1 not bad but the current one is alot better. this is take 2

1212628590.jpg

1212628568.jpg

th_KIF_0287.jpg

KIF_0248.jpg

Edited by reinke

----reference's----

meade916

in the downfired box i switched to memphis power reference 12's. they are better on the mic but i just dont like the sound of the copper voice coils. i loved those power acoustics. i am gonna reuse the memphis. but i am gonna be starting a job soon so there will be a version 4 coming this winter. the downfired did a very consistent 129.9. i am hopeing i will have the option to do the 139.9 class with the new box. if not nightshade i am coming for ya. i have my final show of the season this sunday. the destruction will begin on monday. i am gonna take my time on the new box. all the other were very ruched for shows. i plan on 45ing the corners piberglassing the inside and i learned a trick from ssaudio (the eclipse one) on a way to add strength with out eating up alot of airspace. and roadquake rebel i am stealing the lincoln trucks bed rack. he is gonna hate on me for that. lol.

----reference's----

meade916

so even though no one cares. lol. i went to home depot and picked up some MDF, 1/4 round moulding for the outside of the port, glue and other shit. i still gotta go back and pick up a 2x4 or two so i can level out my floor. i am hoping to have the cab build done within a week and the bed in like 2 or 3. i plan on mounting my amps in there

----reference's----

meade916

Good luck man. Are you still gonna keep the port firing at your kids head? He'd be better off deaf than listening what you have to tell him. J/k I still wish you would use the whole length of the truck. Then you could have fired the subs and port both up. I still think you'll finally break into the 140's with this design. Your box is actually closer to 8 cubes after port and woofer displacement. I'm sure it will work out just fine. If not, I'll help you rebuild it next time I come to Ohio.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Good luck man. Are you still gonna keep the port firing at your kids head? He'd be better off deaf than listening what you have to tell him. J/k I still wish you would use the whole length of the truck. Then you could have fired the subs and port both up. I still think you'll finally break into the 140's with this design. Your box is actually closer to 8 cubes after port and woofer displacement. I'm sure it will work out just fine. If not, I'll help you rebuild it next time I come to Ohio.

dude i fucked up on the cuts. i grabbed the wrong cut sheet of my desk and started to cut without checking. the subs and port are gonna fire forward from that mistake. which pisses me off. the tunin and airspace ended up the same somehow. i would have been able to use the whole length but i had to sell my other car. i will deff be rebuilding before the season opener. shit you help me rebuild next year and you got free room and board. lol.

----reference's----

meade916

thanks. i gotta go out and but a new SD card for the camera tomorrow. my son decided he was hungry and ate the fucking thing. i felt so bad for him. the wifey called me. i had to stick my finger down his throat to make him puke. it was horrible.

----reference's----

meade916

thanks. i gotta go out and but a new SD card for the camera tomorrow. my son decided he was hungry and ate the fucking thing. i felt so bad for him. the wifey called me. i had to stick my finger down his throat to make him puke. it was horrible.

I'm sorry that he ate and could have choked but the way your worded it had me ROLLIN'! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...