Dwight27 sorry for the late reply

so my wife had an 06 750 and as I have posted in previous posts, it was the biggest piece of crap I ever owned and I kick myself for letting her buy it.

For starters, Slozuki has no knowledge on what a slipper clutch is and how they are supposed to work. So every single time that thing would engage (even when it shouldn't it would, it's timing was way off), the clutch would literally lose adjustment. My wife would literally have to pull over and have me re-adjust the clutch for her, so that she could ride. If not the clutch would be dragging and it would burn out the plates.

The brakes were absolutely horrible, the warmer they got, the more brake fade that would appear, which means the cooling system on the brakes for this bike was not correctly setup.

Most newbs buy this bike cause they think it's sooo fast. Let me tell you, yes the bike is fast, but not being to control that power is why the majority of newbs lay the bike down as it has HORRIBLE throttle control. So the powerband starts kicking in around 4k, which is way to low. If you ever plan on riding canyons or track, ususally when you are coming up on a corner, you downshift and get the bike below the powerband so that you can control the turn. With how low the powerband is on the gsxr, you have absolutel no control in the turn and you better have a steady hand and know what you are doing or you will overshoot the turn. That's what I call Dangerous.

The paint was really low quality and as it got warm, got real brittle and was popping off....Shall I keep going on?

All of these were presented to the dealer and I was told by them and by Suzuki Corporate that this is part of owning a sportbike. WTF???? How come I have never had these problems with Yami's, Kawi's, Honda's, and now a duc too?

Bottom line, Suzuki sucks and so does their dealers..I will never buy another one.

You definately have to buy what you like, but buy what you like and don't be pressured by anyone else and be prepared if you get the slozuki to work on it.

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

According to my previous supervisor (female). "There comes a time in every mans life when he wants a motorcycle."

I guess this is somewhat true, my day had one when he was young, a Triumph, and eventually I want a chromed cruiser of some sort.

I don't think I could do a sportbike and be able to handle the power for a "first bike", and that Hayabusa pic above is not an ideal "first bike" either! :o Crazy power, there!

Anyway, best of luck with your purchase, seems to be a lot of experienced riders here to help you along.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

According to my previous supervisor (female). "There comes a time in every mans life when he wants a motorcycle."

I guess this is somewhat true, my day had one when he was young, a Triumph, and eventually I want a chromed cruiser of some sort.

I don't think I could do a sportbike and be able to handle the power for a "first bike", and that Hayabusa pic above is not an ideal "first bike" either! :o Crazy power, there!

Anyway, best of luck with your purchase, seems to be a lot of experienced riders here to help you along.

You bring up a very good point that I stress a lot here to the locals..but many people don't listen and learn the hard way, after they just dumped a brand new financed bike.

Todays generation of sportbike (including the 600) is way to fast for any new or amateur rider. The issue is that people today are too into looks and not looking at practicality. Honestly, the standards in america need to be like Europe. Every new rider needs to start off on a 125/250 to be able to understand the mechanics of a motorcycle, the controls, how to maneuver it...etc. NOBODY should start out on a motorcycle that can do 0-100 in less than 5 seconds.

I think probably the best starter bikes on the market will always be the Kawi ninja 250 and the SV650..

You bring up a very good point that I stress a lot here to the locals..but many people don't listen and learn the hard way, after they just dumped a brand new financed bike.

I think probably the best starter bikes on the market will always be the Kawi ninja 250 and the SV650..

Not to threadjack, but what about a 650c cruiser motorcycle? Slow enough for a beginner?

**Edit, not in any way trying to imply that dwright27 should not get what he wants in a bike, he may be an experienced rider, just looking for his first new purchase.

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Dustin I have toyed many times with the idea of getting a bike. Hell in december of 2006 I went to so far as to apply for credit at HD and got approved, and basically left my girlfriend at the time, and took on all my bills by myself , so I backed out. that has been the closest I have ever come to achieving my childhood dream of owning a fat boy.

Anyway.... You will need to take the MSF class, which, once you finish the three day class you will have your motorcycle endorsement on your license. It is around 250 bucks and runs from friday evening to sunday evening. they provide the motorcycle, all you do is pay your money and show up. I would not plan on hopping on a GSXR with no experience. You will either destroy the bike or yourself with out any training. Find you a nice used , yet cheaply priced bike to ride for 6 months or so, keeping your truck in the meantime. When you feel like you are ready to commit to two wheels when it is pouring down rain, freezing cold, and keeping backpack with you all the time, then sell your truck and the starter bike ( you probably won't lose any money on it, as long as you don't wreck it ) and go out and buy yourself a brand new bike, with a better financing plan than you would get on a new bike. Not only that, but you will be more likely allowed to test drive all of the comparable bikes if you ride up to the dealer on a bike. Then you can see for yourself if you prefer the GSXR, the R6, or a CBR. You need to think long and hard about this. Relying on a bike as your only mode of transport can be aggravating , and even though you gonna say so and so has this car or that car I can use, you will be relying on somebody else to assist you , while you don't need that sort of help right now, with four wheels.

And whatever happened to you moving out, getting your own place...???

Edited by trainman0978

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Dustin I have toyed many times with the idea of getting a bike. Hell in december of 2006 I went to so far as to apply for credit at HD and got approved, and basically left my girlfriend at the time, and took on all my bills by myself , so I backed out. that has been the closest I have ever come to achieving my childhood dream of owning a fat boy.

Anyway.... You will need to take the MSF class, which, once you finish the three day class you will have your motorcycle endorsement on your license. It is around 250 bucks and runs from friday evening to sunday evening. they provide the motorcycle, all you do is pay your money and show up. I would not plan on hopping on a GSXR with no experience. You will either destroy the bike or yourself with out any training. Find you a nice used , yet cheaply priced bike to ride for 6 months or so, keeping your truck in the meantime. When you feel like you are ready to commit to two wheels when it is pouring down rain, freezing cold, and keeping backpack with you all the time, then sell your truck and the starter bike ( you probably won't lose any money on it, as long as you don't wreck it ) and go out and buy yourself a brand new bike, with a better financing plan than you would get on a new bike. Not only that, but you will be more likely allowed to test drive all of the comparable bikes if you ride up to the dealer on a bike. Then you can see for yourself if you prefer the GSXR, the R6, or a CBR. You need to think long and hard about this. Relying on a bike as your only mode of transport can be aggravating , and even though you gonna say so and so has this car or that car I can use, you will be relying on somebody else to assist you , while you don't need that sort of help right now, with four wheels.

And whatever happened to you moving out, getting your own place...???

i dont mind riding in the rain.

the cold i would have to get used to but, i can handle the rain.

the moving out part, kinda got slowed, but is still happening soon.

MSF CLAss?? whats that and where is there ne around here?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Dwight27 sorry for the late reply

so my wife had an 06 750 and as I have posted in previous posts, it was the biggest piece of crap I ever owned and I kick myself for letting her buy it.

For starters, Slozuki has no knowledge on what a slipper clutch is and how they are supposed to work. So every single time that thing would engage (even when it shouldn't it would, it's timing was way off), the clutch would literally lose adjustment. My wife would literally have to pull over and have me re-adjust the clutch for her, so that she could ride. If not the clutch would be dragging and it would burn out the plates.

The brakes were absolutely horrible, the warmer they got, the more brake fade that would appear, which means the cooling system on the brakes for this bike was not correctly setup.

Most newbs buy this bike cause they think it's sooo fast. Let me tell you, yes the bike is fast, but not being to control that power is why the majority of newbs lay the bike down as it has HORRIBLE throttle control. So the powerband starts kicking in around 4k, which is way to low. If you ever plan on riding canyons or track, ususally when you are coming up on a corner, you downshift and get the bike below the powerband so that you can control the turn. With how low the powerband is on the gsxr, you have absolutel no control in the turn and you better have a steady hand and know what you are doing or you will overshoot the turn. That's what I call Dangerous.

The paint was really low quality and as it got warm, got real brittle and was popping off....Shall I keep going on?

All of these were presented to the dealer and I was told by them and by Suzuki Corporate that this is part of owning a sportbike. WTF???? How come I have never had these problems with Yami's, Kawi's, Honda's, and now a duc too?

Bottom line, Suzuki sucks and so does their dealers..I will never buy another one.

You definately have to buy what you like, but buy what you like and don't be pressured by anyone else and be prepared if you get the slozuki to work on it.

Kev

Whats your take on the aprilia touring r?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Me personally...I totally like the aprilia's and almost got an RSV Factory. The only reason why I didn't get it was cause I would have had to buy the bike out of state since there are no dealers here that can service them.

I've got a good bud at work that has a tuono and he absolutely loves it.