Sonic Electronix

Fans. (for Your Amps)

Guest Powered By Hate

Its like a CPU fan.. but I was thinking of covering the entire surface of the amp in them.

CPU_fan_lb.jpg

There would be like 20 of each on each amp. Not buying just any ones though, the kind that move the most air. I forget how they measure it.. GAW or something.

DCAM0395.jpg

The covers have all kinds of holes in them I could glue the fans to. little screws nut and bolts are bad idea.. fall in go boom. Lemme know what you think or if you perhaps have a better idea. I'm all ears!

Thats my harmonica =]

DSCN1287.jpg

did that wit a cheap walmart amp. it overheated alot but once i got that fan on it it never overheated again. always cool to the touch

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

they r measured in CFM cubic feet of air per mnute just run a seprate relay and or a switch to power them ... ur 12 volt remote wire isnt the best idea to run them off of ... i tried it with a alpine head unit and with one amp and two fans it was too much and wouldnt turn on the amp every power-up ...IMO

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

Guest Powered By Hate
they r measured in CFM cubic feet of air per mnute just run a seprate relay and or a switch to power them ... ur 12 volt remote wire isnt the best idea to run them off of ... i tried it with a alpine head unit and with one amp and two fans it was too much and wouldnt turn on the amp every power-up ...IMO

Lol. I'd run a bigass wire with lots of juice =] I still have my stock alt hooked up and it could run them.. I think.

Guest Powered By Hate
id be most effective just over the mosfets.... ud save a little money and amperage if you just use fans on the mosfets

Wouldnt it be cool to see the cover of an amp that looks like a swirling mess of blades and wires? Also the saving money deal. On ebay 250 of them were going to 39.95 + 24 bucks shipping.. not bad!

Is that like 1.2 inches by 1.2 inches? lol I could fit alot of them but Ive never seen one work outside a comp! Do they really churn out alot of air or what?

I just want there to be ALOT of air moving in the back of the car. I want to hear hissing from the air leaking out from the pressure inside lol.. I'm willing to dedicate a 1000 CA battery and maybe a new stock alt to run the cooling system.