Sundown Audio

Kind Of Upset

truck_buster23

Ok so I bought a cheap soundstorm 1F850 to power my rockford P3 15" and I come to realize that it is 2ohm in stereo so I have my sub wired at 8ohms again. I got it from online car stereo they state it is 2ohm stable but I wired my sub up at 2 and the protect light comes on after I turn it up a bit. I will try it out at 8ohms and see what happens but the manual stays it's only 2 0hm in stereo I wish that was stated on their website before I bought it.

Eclipse

Hifonics

Alpine

Kinetik

Optima

Excessive Amperage alt

Yep 2 ohm stereo equals 4 ohms bridged. 1 ohm stereo equals 2 ohm bridged.

Sorry man I guess your S.O.L on that deal.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Yep 2 ohm stereo equals 4 ohms bridged. 1 ohm stereo equals 2 ohm bridged.

Sorry man I guess your S.O.L on that deal.

it says its a mono amp on their site though :pardon:

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Yeah it's a bummer I guess I will have to put my sound stream back in, it sound pretty good even at 8 ohm's it pounds that 15. I just didn't want to use that beast for the single 15. Anyone have an idea what the soundstorm would put out at 8 ohms?

Eclipse

Hifonics

Alpine

Kinetik

Optima

Excessive Amperage alt

I know so I figured it would be good but that sucks. I will call them up and tell them they should state (2 Ohms in Stereo) so it don't mislead people.

Eclipse

Hifonics

Alpine

Kinetik

Optima

Excessive Amperage alt

My bad man I didn't even look at it and still haven't.

If they claimed it was a Mono amp in their sales section and it turned out to be a stereo amp in reallity.

I don't think they should have a problem with you sending it back to them to make it rite and get the propper product.

That is if there was misleading info on the site about the product you ordered.

Call them up man it can't hurt or Email them explaining WTF.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived