Can't Pair Remote With Alarm (viper)

I had my ground undone today for a good while and now after hooking everything back up the remote isn't paired with my truck anymore!

I've got the install and users manual and I've been trying to do the programming but it seems like it just wont work, I don't know what the deal is. I've deleted all remotes and was going to reprogram, but it's almost as if my remote just WONT pair with the alarm.

Any guys think yall could help?

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Turn the ignition to on(not run) hit your valet button once... then hit it one more time and hold it this time. Now hit the lock button on your remote, this is autolearn for most vipers.

Tell me the model# and I can tell you exactly how.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I've been trying that method and still no luck, I spent at least an hour on it last night... :(

It's model 791 xv.

I'm gonna go give it a few more shots, and I called the shop that installed it and the guy was pretty concerned about if I would be able to get it to work at all since I've had no luck with it so far. He says every install they've done it's worked effortlessly, but he suggested last option would be to disconnect the main unit from the battery to see if maybe it would restart itself.

It's just so strange that it wont work, my remote has a cracked LCD screen, but the damn thing was working fine up until I had my battery ground disconnected yesterday. After getting everything hooked back up I just happened to notice the remote wasn't working with the truck.

Thanks for the replies, I'm gonna keep checking up on this while I'm still playing with it.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Finally got it guys! Apparently undo-ing the unit and plugging it back did the trick, it let me program the first time no problem after that. :D

Thanks for the help!

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived