New Alternator Working Nice But

I was not referring to your cadillac, I was referring to "caddylac" one of the many members with this style unit. (he posted on page one of this thread) BTW, our regulator IS a transpo unit, the same as the 91102R on your vehicle, just mounted on the back of the alt for cleanliness.

I can see that this argument is not going to go anywhere, and I'm tired. I guess I'll just have to let potential customers read my responses, look at the pics, and let them judge for themselves. Goodnight everyone.

Thats some bad ass pic editing! Teach me that shit FTW!

Mechman were are not worried about your product. I guess if both pics were the same it would have never been an issue. Pics are very important to most internet readers to come to a conclusion on a purchase. No worries like I said before we don't build alts so rock on. We know you give good deals and the red anodized heat sink that extends through the alternator's rear housing to cool the internal electronics we see used on powermaster spl alts. When we started MLA we went through the same "your shit don't work talk as well" it takes trust for sure. Posts can allways be look upped and they will do so to bash ANYONE ANYTIME! We went through the same BS on S_A forum now look at us. Just keep an honest reliable product and you will be fine. Dom has been the alt of SMD for a long time and still is so take your time, build the trust and help with the questions like we do and it will come. We all appreciate the smokin deals on the P-M stuff. Like I said you do your thing and we can do ours there is room for both of our products and knowledge on here for sure.

Posted Image This is the power master red just like you are adjusting in the pic. P-M parts sweet.

BUMP

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

You are right, we do not have an option for 2005 and up GM vehicles, most Hondas and late model chryslers/mitsubishi's who desire higher charging voltage. I have never said that the MLA module does not serve a good purpose in some applications, I was merely defending my product from attack.

Thanks

Matt

Note: the cs144 is only an option for some applications since 1995 when GM began to faze it out an introduced the cs130D style alt. It will work for some later GM apps because of the same mounting ears, but the computer may give dash light warnings. "Link" can better explain this after all he's been doing this stuff longer than I have been alive 30+years. Computers screwed up alot of easy mods for the alternator industry with the cs130D,AD230,AD244 type alts. So the cs144 is the alt of choice for alt companies/sellers like stinger , powermaster's (SPL alt) ,irraggi ect... because its easy to work on with alot of aftermarket parts avalible for it. These alts are solid and durable for the audio market with the exception to the digital alt models where computer finess is needed.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

I was simply using the CS as an example, because that's what I happened to be testing when the request was made to see a video of our dyno. I figured showing how to set an adjustable reg. would just be an added bonus for members to see. I never thought in a million years, that the photos would have been picked apart, and that I would be accused of photo-shoping voltage results- that is the most rediculous thing in the world, it's not like it's hard to adjust voltage on an alternator. Why would I need to lie about that?

If the correct regulator is installed, a CS 144 unit can be installed in GM trucks up to 2004 and still retain indicator light function. the AD is an excellent unit as well, the CS just offers a clean, simple, cost effective alternative to an external regulator. (we offer those as an option as well) If adjustable voltage is not neccessary, we typically furnish the cutomer an AD244 unit.

Hopefully, somewhere in all this, our customer who started this thread has recieved some type of technical assistance, and has a better understanding of how our alternators work.

I was simply using the CS as an example, because that's what I happened to be testing when the request was made to see a video of our dyno. I figured showing how to set an adjustable reg. would just be an added bonus for members to see. I never thought in a million years, that the photos would have been picked apart, and that I would be accused of photo-shoping voltage results- that is the most rediculous thing in the world, it's not like it's hard to adjust voltage on an alternator. Why would I need to lie about that?

Just to clear this air we never said you photo shopped them. We went through the same BS with MLA when we started on forums too. Besides you did show pics of your alt doing 150+amps at 13.3volts and 250+amps at 12.9volts.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

Besides you did show pics of your alt doing 150+amps at 13.3volts and 250+amps at 12.9volts.

MLA

Like I said, that is simulated battery voltage input to the sense terminal, not the measured charging voltage of the alternator. The regulator has to "see" a battery voltage of much lower than the setpoint, in order for it to charge during testing. If that input number were 14.7 or higher, the regulator would assume that the battery was fully charged, and would not bother putting out any current. (an alternator will only produce the amount of current necessary to maintain battery voltage at whatever the setpoint of the regulator is) Here is a scan that shows the whole story before I adjusted the voltage regulator. (factory setpoint of 14.7V)

The higher voltage has to be set after the dyno test, because the regulator cannot be adjusted while it is pluged in, and the dyno cannot be performed without the plug plugged in.

Posted Image

Ok, This will be my last post on this subject! We can restart this in the guns and ammo section if needed. ;)

Ask anyone if they ran their alts at 13.3 volts or 12.9 volts (like in your pics below) if they would love that low voltage. 12.9 volts is a full battery (with your car OFF!) Ask Steve if his voltage dropped to the ones in your "Dyno" pics if he would be happy dropping to the twelves? Well I did, and he said hell no he couldn't have that low voltage!!!!

You can make a "250" amp alt but if it puts out 250amps at 13 volts its useless as a "250"amp alt. If your "Dyno-ed" alt was at 14.7volts I would say you make a hell of an alt but thats far from these pics. 2nd big question is "amperage output" and for "how long" at 14.7volts? Example: my stock alts with smaller pulleys gives me around 120 amps at idle @ 15.8volts. We can go back and forth all day but bottom line is if your voltage drops this low things dont charge!!! So you are right I hope people use the info in these posts.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Good times Good times. Thanks guys for all the support and sorry about these types of muddy post , we are on here to help and direct you through you audio needs. We are not slamming mechman alts these post are about facts and what needs to be address in statements about a product you may purchase. We do not link to any alt company so buy a mechman our module will work just the same on his product. I do give him props for keeping up with questions for all members , and sometimes views and outlooks are different.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

WOW MLA WTF. AFTER ALL THAT ! ANNNND U PRETTY MUCH WERE TRING TO SLAM MECHMAN'S ALTERNATORS WITH ALL THE BACK AND FORTH TALK .. he did us all a favor of showing us his methods of testing and u STILL had to pick apart every little thing .. i WILL SAY i luv my mechman alternator will stay with his alts! his alternator has more than proved its self to me ... as far as MLA i will not be using ur product or any future products because of this slander! besides u have shown u have no idea how GM's old school alternators voltage regulators work in the first place let alone are able to read a dyno sheet CORRECTLY! .... MECHMAN u rock and u know it jealousy can be an ugly thing with a company that only puts out one product for a very small group of consumers... keep up the good work MECHMAN!

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

Archived