Second Skin Audio

If You Need Enclosure Plans Part 2 :)

Clif

Can you go a lil bigger on the box or do a L Port? with the vent in the middle it has to be about 30" long just to get it down to 32hz.

SNAPSHOT

3.73 cft net

54.38 square " of port area

30.00 inches of effective port length

14.58 square " of port area/cube

1.86 cubes/sub

32.65 hz

the box is 5.5 cu ft but the vent is takin up alot due to the short depth of the box. Let me know if your happy with this and i can design it or if you want to make it a lil bigger i can get the tunning down.

thank you... i can do L ports with amatts spreadsheet but i always screw up port length when doing port down the middle....

those are the max dimensions.... im afraid if i go any wider there wont be enough airspace from trunk to cabin since its firing sub back port back

its either this design or L shaped port with bracing cause it cant be taller or more depth... and only 2 inches max wider but that will be used to get down to 30hz

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

hey man can you give me some thin for a 18" fi btl of a sundown 3000d tuned to about 30 hz max dimensions l w h l(22) w(55) H(18) would like it to cover most of the 55 in width to fill up the back seat. it will go into a truck with back seat out. you think sub up port back will be good

if your not too busy can you make me some plans for 2 15" DC level 4's for my acura integra 3dr. I'd like the subs and port to be facing the ceiling. L 33" H 19" W 32" tuned to something thats good for daily music. Thanks in advance.

1994 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel Regular Cab

whats up man? new to this site,

if you have time , i have an 2002 ecalade i want to fit 6-15l7dvc4 or maybe just 4 if the 6 wont fit, this is the space i have 2 work with h21in x w49in x d44in , i want a ported box with a pair of subs in each chamber, and i will donate to your paypal acct. thanx again!

• 7 years later...

Hey my name is Kattie. I currently have four 12" Alpine type R sub woofers in my Chevy Malibu 00". I'm extremely interested in building a 4th order band pass speaker box in my trunk for these subs; problem is, I just cant figure out how to do it. My trunk space that I'm working with is: W=38" L=34.5" H=18". My question is: is it even possible to build a 4th order band pass for four 12" subs in my trunk? And if so, how would you recommend I go about it? I wanted it tuned to 35-40Hz. Id greatly appreciate it if you could help me out.

Welcome to the forum Kattie.

I would start your own thread in this same section. This is like 9 years old. You will get some support from some great knowledgeable members.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Cheers and good luck.

Hey my name is Kattie. I currently have four 12" Alpine type R sub woofers in my Chevy Malibu 00". I'm extremely interested in building a 4th order band pass speaker box in my trunk for these subs; problem is, I just cant figure out how to do it. My trunk space that I'm working with is: W=38" L=34.5" H=18". My question is: is it even possible to build a 4th order band pass for four 12" subs in my trunk? And if so, how would you recommend I go about it? I wanted it tuned to 35-40Hz. Id greatly appreciate it if you could help me out.

It seems like possible with such a big trunk, it would be a pretty difficult build though as it would likely be necessary to build inside the trunk, I would also recommend to make your own thread and explain what previous builds you made and why you were not happy with the results, bandpasses are harder to work with and they should be picked only if simpler solutions just won't work good enough.

Archived