1989 Chevy Help

moose

so a kid at my school calls me up and says he bought an aftermarket cd player for his truck(1989 chevy) and tried to install it himself but couldnt get it to work and needed some help. so yesterday evening he brought his truck by and he has the cd player hooked up, it is hardwired into his fuse box. well i started looking behind his dash and apparently he tried to hook it up the correct way first but didnt know which wire to use, so everything behind the dash has been cut into and electrical tapped multiple times. well the cd player came on, but would never save any stations or settings or anything. so i checked it out, and at the fuse box, he had his 12v switched and constants switched...so i switched the constant to a constant and a switched to a switched....and everything worked. saved stations, settings, etc. etc. he finally leaves and i get a call this morning, and he came by after church and everything is still where i wired it, but now its not saving anything....i know this is probably something stupid that im overlooking, so im needing a little help

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

check the connections...

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Yeah if it's not saving stations and what not then you need to double check the constant.

This is why I ALWAYS encourage everyone to try and find a harness when they go aftermarket... :rolleyes:

Hell, even in my truck, I said to hell with the ignition and set it up to where I never used the ignition. My deck can be on at all times if I want and I just turn it off when I get out of the truck.

Maybe go that route for him? Some people prefer this over the standard way of wiring it up.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Yeah if it's not saving stations and what not then you need to double check the constant.

This is why I ALWAYS encourage everyone to try and find a harness when they go aftermarket... :rolleyes:

Hell, even in my truck, I said to hell with the ignition and set it up to where I never used the ignition. My deck can be on at all times if I want and I just turn it off when I get out of the truck.

Maybe go that route for him? Some people prefer this over the standard way of wiring it up.

Thats how batteries go dead lol I don't care how careful you are you're bound to leave it on once in your lifetime.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Thats how batteries go dead lol I don't care how careful you are you're bound to leave it on once in your lifetime.

I tell you what though, (knock on wood) I haven't done it yet!

The thing is once you get in the habit of doing things it's HARD to break that habit or forget. Not to mention I'm always pulling my faceplate off when I'm not in the truck.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived