Eclipse Cd7000 Sound Measurements....

ptcary

Ok, you guys know that I did not build my PT with SQ in mind, but I definitely wanted it to be musical, as it is my daily driver and I actually listen to many different kinds of music.

So after a sweeping the interior with pink noise, these are the measurements and computer recommended adjustments that Eclipse gave me. I think it is compensating for the 8 12" subs with the bass reduction :D

I saved each curve to the memory stick so I can try all of them in the car, and saved a perfectly flat setting, just to hear what it sounds like.

Just want to know what you guys think???

This is the curve that it found with the initial sweep with pink noise:

Posted Image

This is what it recommends for "normal" adjustment:

Posted Image

This is what it recommends for "low emphasis" adjustment:

Posted Image

This is what it recommends for "mid" emphasis:

Posted Image

This is what it recommends for "mid and high emphasis":

Posted Image

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

RTA analysis is a good starting point, but IMO and experience a flat RTA response always sounded a tad bit like shit :lol: yeah it deffinately is compensating for your mini hoopty setup.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

RTA analysis is a good starting point, but IMO and experience a flat RTA response always sounded a tad bit like shit :lol: yeah it deffinately is compensating for your mini hoopty setup.

Thanks Roscoe, this is my first time trying this, I kinda expected the initial sweep to be all over the place but it looks alright to me. I plan to upload all 4 of them to the head, then adjust to what sounds best to me.

Interesting stuff, but I did not expect it to include the subs in the sweep, and did not know that it would be so loud, even outside the car with it all closed up!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

lol yeah its gonna do a full spectrum sweep for ya (not trying to bash) so yeah subs are included. :lol:

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

:blink: you shouldve seen my first RTA session! all over the place!! No its not bad at all for a noob :P:D

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

thats pretty cool! what gear are you using? (is the title the deck or the equip? clarify i'm confuzzled)

-Drew

It's an Eclipse CD7000 head unit with an Eclipse MEI-100 microphone and Sony memory stick and reader. The pics are from the Eclipse E-iServ website.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

• 2 months later...

the rta is always an excellent starting point, but honestly, a perfectly flat responding system doesnt sound that great to most people, you may end up throwing your curve out of whack to get it to sound right to you. I know even playing rock music i like way too much bass in my music, and hearing something perfectly flat feels like its missing any "oomph". At the same time i know people who want their highs attenuated to the point where i sit in the car and just hear hissing and tin...to each his own, but good luck. if you ever decide to enter an sql comp you'll have the toys to give you a shot at gold

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

• 3 months later...

it seems like it'd be really hard to have perfect;y flat sound in a vehicle because of the shitty acoustics a vehicle has.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Archived