Sundown Audio

Trying to decide on a new amp

chawk

Well there's a bunch of different subs that i've been looking at. I Plan on going from 12" to 15" but i'm not 100% on this though because i might end up with air space issues. 

Anyway here's the list.

Atomic Apocalypse

FI Q

TC 3000 + CP

AQ HD3

Kicker L7 --> seeing as i have the 12's i'm meaning the 15's on this one for sure.

MTX 9500

This will be a dual 12" or 15" setup.

Anyone else have any advice for me? Or first hand experience with any of these amps?

I have been looking into another amp wich i like very much. It's the US Amps MD.2D

I think i've narrowed it down to these six amps

US Amps MD.2D --> Still looking for this one from a store, But I saw someone selling it on this site here's the link http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/forums/in...hp?topic=2907.0

US Amps XT-4000D --> $487 from soundsolutionsaudio.com on ebay it's $347.62 + shipping wich brings it to $374.62

XX-Hercules --> $487 from onlinecarstereo.com

MTX TA81001 --> $439 from onlinecarstereo.com

Precision Power D3000/1 --> $499.99 from woofersetc.com

Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D --> $450 from soundsolutionsaudio.com

So, Anyone with any experience with any of these amps?

Now. throw out your opinions for me so i can decide. i will be purchasing one of these at the end of the month.

There's a few guys on here that just got some of those Sundown amps, so I'm sure they could give some input on those.  If you really need 2000/1ohm, go with the XX-Hercules, but if you only need around 1500/1ohm...my choice would be either the Sundown or one of the US Amps choices. Kinda up to you on the $$$ too since one of them is $100+ less than the others.

if you want the best bang for the buck, go with a hifonics bx2006d.  They will put out just under 2000 watts and cost about $350 or less!!!  they are very solid amps, maybe not up to par with US amps, but they are still good

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

if you want the best bang for the buck, go with a hifonics bx2006d.  They will put out just under 2000 watts and cost about $350 or less!!!  they are very solid amps, maybe not up to par with US amps, but they are still good

If i decide to go with another Hifonics amp i will be going with the XX-Hercules. Not another Brutus amp. I'm running a Brutus amp at the moment and i'd like to upgrade to a higher line of amplifier.

thank you for your comment though.

Chris

get that merlin

Tell me why i should go with this amp? Is it .5 Ohm stable for daily if needed? Are they underrated or do they do exactly what they claim?

I just want to make sure i go with the right amp that's all.

anyone else with any opinions on these amps feel free to post them.

Thanks