Epicenter Basics?

Hey guys, I did a search on this and can't seem to find much info on how epicenters work, or how well they work, which brand is best, or anything. Most of the threads on them are expired or come up with a 404 page for me.

Anyways, not sure if I'm understanding this correctly but from what I see an epicenter boosts the lower frequencies to a very high extent? For instance, I can get a HELLA lot of bass from rap, or anything with distinguished bass, however my country and rock/metal seems like it's lacking. Is this where the epicenter comes in?

A few other questions I have are, I see two main brands from the google, soundstream and audiocontrol. The soundstream being the less expensive of the two. Both to me look quality, however I've never worked with them so I don't know, just judging by features.

Is either better than the other in any case, or what kind of pros and cons am I looking at?

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I heard not to get them unless you listen to a lot of rock, classical, jazz or blues.

If you use it with rap, it will just try to boost an already heavy bass line.

Ok so I see that I'm right with it being a boost in the lower range, however maybe now I can ask another question.

I listen to alot of rock, and country, but then also listen to my rap. Does an epicenter work in a way that it can be bypassed to where I could use it only when I'm listening to my rock and country?

Just some things I'm not clear on with this particular piece of equipment.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Ok so I see that I'm right with it being a boost in the lower range, however maybe now I can ask another question.

I listen to alot of rock, and country, but then also listen to my rap. Does an epicenter work in a way that it can be bypassed to where I could use it only when I'm listening to my rock and country?

Just some things I'm not clear on with this particular piece of equipment.

I believe it has a remote that comes with it that allows you to adjust.

I also believe it has built in Clip protection, so it doesn't fry yo stuff.

I believe it has a remote that comes with it that allows you to adjust.

I also believe it has built in Clip protection, so it doesn't fry yo stuff.

Awesome, well this sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, now however what's the word on the soundstream vs the audiocontrol?

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

from what i read on them you got it figured out , yes they do come with a remote so you can turn it up or down unless they say it docent, it adds bass to songs that lack it. if you liaten to other music like you said its a good unit if your careful it will add bass to some rap and still sound good for example a friend plays too short-the ghetto when he turns the epicenter up it makes a world of difference on that song as well as others. im thinking of getting the soundstream one he has had both and says that the only difference is the price. roscoe tried the soundstream one with a stock hu and didnt like it so if you have an aftermarket one it might work better.

Edited by 99vic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

if a song has a bunch of bass it'll just make it sound like crap.Pretty much like you stated if you listen to country or rock (or in my case mexican music)it'll give you the bass that the song i lacking.BELIEVE ME my mexican music with that epicenter just makes it KNOCK.and the differerence is well to me nothing really i had both the epicenter and the soundstream and they both did the same thing just the soundstream was a LOT cheaper.so id go with the soundstream IMO.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I belive Audio control was the first unit out. i have had 3 of them, but all older versions.

Audiocontrol calls it base restoration. its not a bass boost. It takes a full range signal in to work correctly ( says audio control ) and its suppose to restore bass that was already there but not audible. It will make the Cranberries sound like a test tone. The limit is your system, if you bass can't take it , it will sound like crap. the audiovcontol unit has a sub sonic filer in it, last I heard. the knob you pull out on to turn it on and push it back in to turn it off. I almost never use it, IMO, i it sounds really un-natural. nice toy, but in my mind, is just a toy.

bottom line - they work and it will add deep bass. you decide how much to turn the knob and if you liike the result.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

If you search some ROE videos steelcitysounds has a couple of videos where he shows the difference when using and not using one with like MJ music and shit

Sweet! Good deal on that, it took me about an hour to find anything on ROE, I guess their servers are going SLOW today...

Is it ok if I link to that video here? Maybe there's some other guys looking for the same info I was, hopefully this video will help them out as well.

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Kicker/l715.4.wmv

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner