Sonic Electronix

i have a 200 amp carbon pile pack adjustable load tester and i just turned on my headlights (20 amps) a/c with blower motor (30 amps) and the ignition systems draws 10 amps no stereo or wipers nothing that doesnt have a constant current draw... so 260 amps is as far as i could go to test with ..

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

You need a large load for testing alternators.

If your testing a 300 amp alternator with a 100amp load, your gonna get a 100 amp test result.

So Your gonna need to find a way to load your alt(s) down to at least 300 amps for testing a 300 amp alternator.

Thats all Im saying.

That is correct seeing if 100 amp load was used, I seriously doubt I would have gotten 265 and 280 amps out of either Alt.

Im not to dissappointed at the output as I am the junk chinese parts in either Alt.

Edited by Andrew2944r

Team Ampere Audio

Correct full Load was applied when Dyno'd for full output senario.
did u see any rotor rpm drop when u cranked on the load on the dyno?? i seen alittle more than a 100 rpm drop at idle with full load and at 2000rpm u could defently tell the alt was putting a pretty good load on the engine and tring to pull the rpm down..

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

very good info to know here

thank you for this test

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

ok just so this doesnt become a bash thread or anything lets just post what alternator u have (amperage wise) how long has it been in service and what was ur method of testing output

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

did u see any rotor rpm drop when u cranked on the load on the dyno?? i seen alittle more than a 100 rpm drop at idle with full load and at 2000rpm u could defently tell the alt was putting a pretty good load on the engine and tring to pull the rpm down..

Not much RPM drop at all maybe 25 - 50 at most. My biggest concern is the metal used in the Alts, Heat expansion with chinese metal is

horrible and when the Alts do fail you can almost gurantee this is the direct cause of it. Bring back the US Made Beefy Alts :clapping:

Team Ampere Audio

ok just so this doesnt become a bash thread or anything lets just post what alternator u have (amperage wise) how long has it been in service and what was ur method of testing output

Wasnt a bash thread, the Alts do what I need them to do, there just not as efficient as I once thought.

Team Ampere Audio

yea besides 300 ampers arnt for daily guys really ... they r more of a comp alt since u have to spin them faster to produce that higher output... an i just meant by the bash thread i didnt want people saying one or another company sux over another over just one alt test outta how many that r out there in service..iraggi mechman and the others all r good companys

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2