Sonic Electronix

hey guys, i have a guy wantin me to throw 2 12'' Type-S in his truck for him....well what kind of amp do you suggest for these...something for a decent price but not shit. let me know. please and thank you

EDIT-- forgot to add they are 4ohm

Edited by moose

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

Something about 600W rms. On alpine's site, for those subs it says RMS 300, peak 900.

I'd just go with 600 so you have 300 going to both just to be safe. Or I guess it depends on if you're going to be bridging them or not.

BTW on the site it says those are DVC? You mean to say they are dual 4ohm?

Maybe be more specific as to what ohm you will be wiring them as well, that tells alot as to which amp is going to be best.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

ok, so i went over to talk to the guy today. they are DVC 4 ohm. probably be wiring them to 1 ohm.

Thanks stuart.

any other suggestions?

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

You can get a refurb sundown saz 1500D or a used one for that you could even get a new 1200D that just came out. I really enjoy mine.

Thats a decent amp for the subs, and the refurbs even carry a warrenty which is nice, and within the guys budget.

Tho the sundown saz1500 is a tad bit to much power for the subs, you can just turn the gain down instead of volt matching it with the headunit.

Then this way your customer will have room to upgrade if he ever wants a better subs in the future like type r's or something.

• 2 weeks later...