Gearstix Posted September 30, 2008 Report Posted September 30, 2008 I honestly don't know where I stand on all this... I'm not saying that the US economy doesn't affect me as it probably does... I've read most your comments, I'ma keep reading I think... :| 2005 Blazer Build... Mach 5 SPL-12s, Audiopipe AP3000.1D..
01xtreme Posted September 30, 2008 Report Posted September 30, 2008 I honestly don't know where I stand on all this... I'm not saying that the US economy doesn't affect me as it probably does... I've read most your comments, I'ma keep reading I think... :| Where do you live? I'm pretty sure if you live anywhere in the civilized world you are affected in some way by the US economy. My System: Pioneer AVH-P3200BT 4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors) 8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash) 1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs) 2-18" BTL's (for now) Crescendo 3kwp (for sale) Complete rebuild coming soon...
David Posted September 30, 2008 Report Posted September 30, 2008 alvitae, do not post stuff like that again or you will get A permanent vacation from this forum, no political shit.
dwright27 Posted September 30, 2008 Report Posted September 30, 2008 how so. What is making the dollar worthless is all the companies or any place that has employees working for them IMO. The cost of living has sky rocketed. Gas/oil being one major thing. and still there is no one doing jack shit about it, yes there is talk, but thats it. Just like that famous saying money talks trash walks. The gas companies are acting as a monopoly such as Microsoft, but yet there are how many oil companies, so there should be no monopoly prices going on like this. Food has raised. $4.59 for a gallon of milk that costed $2.20 less then 2 years ago. Did our cows go into hiding and no longer produce dairy products. If you name it, 99% of the time the cost has raised. Smoke taxes (here in WI alone) a pack of smokes went from $2.30 generic brand $3.30 name brand like camel, newport, marbs now cost $4.80 min to $5.60 a pack. These prices are based on things in WI. I know major cities are paying more, Id hate to see what gas costs in another place such as cali. No matter where you look manufacturing of products, retail price anything your gonna buy has gone up. But yet your still making the same pay that you have been since all these prices have been sky rocketed. Everything is doubling in cost. Making the cost of living to go up, gas, electric, heating oils. Vehicle registration has gone up in cost, nothing changed in how you register vehicle. How can you survive when your taking home a $3000 a month after taxes, and your cost of living with splurging yourself here and there on nicer things costes $2000 grand a month, and you still have $1000 a month of disposable income. Now on average your montly cost of living is $4000 grand and you can no longer make ends meet. You are so short on cash, cant properly feed your family, and here comes the DEBT. You obviously dont make enough money to stay out of debt, so your morgatages get backed up, you cant pay your electric bill, you barly have enough money to feed your kid(s) let alone yourself. So that to me is what makes the value of a dollar go down so bad, because the cost of living has went up, while all us still make the same amount of money. If the mint prints out shit loads more money, there is no way that you will know if you got a newer loaned so to say bill, or an older bill. It will spend the same. definately doesnt work that way. in economics class i asked the same question ... why not just print more money. my answer was, because the more money thats in circulation the less value the dollar really has because so many people have X amount to spend, etc. now the US goverment shreds MILLIONS OF MILLIONS of dollars a day. A DAY!!! reason being is to try and keep the dollars value. 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
droopy89 Posted September 30, 2008 Report Posted September 30, 2008 From my perspective, the economy is gonna be a weak for a while, but bottom line is we will get through it, we have done it before, and well do it again 1997 S10 EC Whats in it 106.9 Sq.ft. Hushmat DB Elec. 250 amp alt. HC800&HC1400 MLA Module Alpine 9886 Knukonceptz wires Clarion EQS746 poopy Alpine door co-ax's Change IS Coming
Gearstix Posted September 30, 2008 Report Posted September 30, 2008 Where do you live? I'm pretty sure if you live anywhere in the civilized world you are affected in some way by the US economy.I'm in Canada.I live in a city where we mine oil... and a major buyer IIRC is the USA. 2005 Blazer Build... Mach 5 SPL-12s, Audiopipe AP3000.1D..
Team Nemesis-DJ Posted September 30, 2008 Report Posted September 30, 2008 That bill wasnt going to bail us out .....was just to make it harder on the middle class and lower class...cause you know we would get fucked in the end ...and the damn AIG stuff is another story ...its like the blind leading the blind ...i think the world is getting more and more retarded as the days go by ...thats why i cant watch any politics
Gearstix Posted September 30, 2008 Report Posted September 30, 2008 .i think the world is getting more and more retarded as the days go by ...thats why i cant watch any politicsI honestly wish I was growing up in some other era..Seems like it is almost impossible to live anymore... I'd go into my thoughts on politicians, but this is not a political thread.. 2005 Blazer Build... Mach 5 SPL-12s, Audiopipe AP3000.1D..
David Posted September 30, 2008 Report Posted September 30, 2008 you guys act like the great depression was nothing. you better read up on what it was like back then.
Godsmack Posted September 30, 2008 Report Posted September 30, 2008 We are fucked. PERIOD David you ask about small business, my father owns a small division of a corporation that has been in our family for now 3 generations. I was going to take it over here in about 10-15 years possibly. After talking to my pops, if shit keeps up like this the food service industry (kitchen equipment) will be dead within 36 mths. That means no family business to walk into, no security, no nothing. Hell as it stands now he is bearly scraping by (that part is his fault tho) Also people mentioned the stimulus checks......I was deployed ALL of 2007. As such i didn;t get one. I AM A FUCKING SOLDIER, AND I CANNOT EVEN GET A STIMULUS CHECK WHEN I COME HOME??? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE?? (yes the caps were necessary). Hell with how shitty i get paid, with the extra 18 year bill i have I cannot even afford to buy food to eat on weekends, and i can eat 3 free meals a day m-f.....................This economy is going to hell in a handbasket and we are all going to get burned. J "No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country." George Patton
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.