Second Skin Audio

3 W7 Or 2 L7?

The local Audio shop guy here has a Jeep with 3 12" W7's and he has a 300A Iraggi Alt. Powermaster D3100 and 3 JL 1000/1 amps. The woofers are in "efficiency" enclosures which I think are 1.5 cubes tuned to 32 Hz. woofers and ports back.

He was bragging about beating many Kicker L7 set-ups, So I asked him for a friendly comp this coming summer, and he agreed. My question is using 2 15" L7's in a mini-wall with around 2-3 cubes tuned between 32-35 Hz, and 2K RMS be a good set-up against his? I made thread a few days ago about the best 2K RMS amp at 1-Ohm, which I would be using for this comp. I just want your guys opinion on if this would be a comp worth even trying, and tips on what to do to make it better. I'm not using my current set-up to make it fair. (And I still gotta build my redesigned box)

So basically, 3 12" W7's or 2 15" L7's ???

Ahh, I think i repeated myself a few times in there.

Derp.

I vote w7s... I've put enough of them in to realize with that kind of power they will wang. Just depends on the box I suppose.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Sounds like a nice fair match up to be honest. Hes got a little more on you with Cone area and power wise, but should be a decently fair battle.

i'd say the L7's but looking at the power... 2,000 to 3,000's is a noticable difference with the cone area on top...

i say go find someone with a zx2500 laying around and borrow it for the day

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

why is your box so small? and I'm guessing even if you beat him in spl he will kill you in sq

Edited by wenn_du_weinst

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.