DC Sound Lab

I have 3 level 4 15,s in a 16.5 cube wall tuned to 30hz running off 3 sundown 1500s. Would i gain any db swapping to 2 18s runing off 2 sundowns in the same box. At present i have loading issues with having 2 subs loading against my front seats but the cental 1 has nothing to load against. My system also sounds smoother only running 2 subs and using the other as a passive radiator.

i'd personnaly do (3) 15s over two 18s. are you running the maxxlink with all three amps?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

The 3 15s is more cone area then 2 18s.

If your giving the 3 15s more power then the 2 18s it will be louder.

Even if your giving the 3 15s around the same power as the 2 18s it will be louder, maybe not by a lot, but by a few tenths on the termlab.

Not only could the seats effect the way the subs load, it could be the subs position in the wall. If you put all three subs on passenger side, and the port on driver side, it will be louder on the meter then any other sub/ port combitnation.

Also, you maybe a little off on the amps with volt matching them. Its very hard to get amps set idenically at all volumes. Even when master/slaving the amps using the amps built in feature it is a bit hard since the master amp will push just a little harder then the next amp down the line in a daisy chain effect.

A maxxsonics maxxlink may solve all your problems for under $80 bucks. I just got me one, cant wait to mess with it!

okay so since port on driver side, is louder on the meter, and its been proven, but my question is would it be louder to the ear if the port was on the passenger side??

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg