i bought my wife a 04 cavalier in late 03. it now has just shy of 100k on it. she was driving home from work tuesday morning and she said the car just lost power. she pulled over i picked her up and towed it to my mechanic. he called me about 15 minutes ago. he said he pulled the timing chain off in 4 pieces and the cylinder head off in 2. there is a hole in 2 of the cylinders and the other 2 connecting arms snapped like twigs. so after a beer i called GM. a new ecotec 2.2 is $3800 wothout a head or intake manifold. a remaned on is $3000 with core exchange but they wont take my core because of all the damage. so the reman motor is now $4000. so basically we are either gonna spend the 3800 for the new motor plus the 1900 for the new head and intake manifold (5700 at this point) or make the payments until it is paid off in janruary. either way we are fucked. we have to either dump well over 6 grand in a car the blue books at barely 3 grand or find a way to pay it off, then get money for another car. i have a truck that sucks gas like a $2 hooker does cock.

----reference's----

meade916

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAVALIER-SU...emZ140253957698

i also know of someone selling on in new jersey but he wont ship.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

sell body parts...when it doubt, cut it out!!

things always work out for the best in the long run, just keep your head up

even if we part it out we wont make enough to pay it off and buy another car. the dealer where i got my truck from wants a minimum of a grand down

----reference's----

meade916

i think you could get a easy 1000-1200 out of parting the car with the trans. and airbags, then the cat and dash cluster ect. and 2-300 for the body. and come up with 2 payments and call it done and save up for a downpayment ....

thats what im going thru myself comeing up with the 1000 down payment

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Reinke those motors are all over the place they are cheap as fuck you called gm no shit there going to tell you alot for it ever been to a new car dealership thats basically where you called except for engines sucks now you will loose all those gmpp you had on there or are they still ok

i think you could get a easy 1000-1200 out of parting the car with the trans. and airbags, then the cat and dash cluster ect. and 2-300 for the body. and come up with 2 payments and call it done and save up for a downpayment ....

thats what im going thru myself comeing up with the 1000 down payment

well with what stephanc posted we might be going that route and selling the car after words. this is the main reason why i never buy american. my old 88 accord had over 200,000 an it i beat it everyday, and i got the oil changed 1 time in 5 years and it ran like a champ.

----reference's----

meade916

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=25...435&t=97435

$150

Edited by Stephen_C
you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Reinke those motors are all over the place they are cheap as fuck you called gm no shit there going to tell you alot for it ever been to a new car dealership thats basically where you called except for engines sucks now you will loose all those gmpp you had on there or are they still ok

everything except the the intake and exhaust in trashed. the intake manifold should be good but i havent gottend up there yet to look at it all. my son is napping. and no where up here has 02-04 cavaliers in there junk yard. besides i would not put a junk yard motor in my wives car. she drives it everyday.

----reference's----

meade916