im havign some problems getting power to my amp. The situation is i replaced my old wiring the power and ground and remote. the remote wire stayed in the same spot nothing changed but the power cables went to 1/0. So i set my fuses up and ran the wires back to my amp. the power like flashed on for half a second and then its gone. Any ideas on why there is no power going through the 12 volt cable

system hifonis brutus amp

2 FI 12's

do you have the amp wired in at a 1 ohm load?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

You're saying that now there is no power coming from your 1/0 cable from the battery to the amp??

If that's the case, it can only be your fuse, ground, or battery if you ran them straight through.

If everything else still works, like your deck and the rest of your car, eliminate the battery. That leaves fuse, bad ground, or a bad power connection.... That's all I got.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

any standard wire is good - just put a little jumper from your remote terminal on the amp to the power terminal on the amp, and see if it comes on. If it does, then your remote wire is the problem, replace it.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

wire is wire is wire...aside from strand count and such all wire is the same more or less. doesnt matter what color the jacket on the wire is, its still the same inside. as long as u use about the same gauge for the remote wire then your fine.

its gotta be:

1. power cable and fuses

2. bad ground

3. bad remote wire

4. bad amp/fuses in amp

5. low voltage (doesnt seem right in your case though)

...now start troubleshooting

i likes me some audio stuff...