New Tools!

Alright, since the local lumberyards don't have any MDF at the moment, I figure I should order some new tools so I won't have to borrow them from other people when the MDF finally is available. I don't need these to last forever, but having them be able to work for at least a few builds would be nice! Next paycheck I will probably be ordering these (~10 days), think I will need anything more than this for simple box building? There is a budget here (cheap as possible while still getting nice results), since I won't be building very many boxes. I already have an 18v drill (and bits) so I'm good there.

Plunge Router

Jasper Model 270 Jig

3 Piece Carbide Tip Straight Router Bit Set

Small Workstation

Spring Clamps

Countersink Bit

9" Square

7-1/4" Circular Saw with laser

24" Level

50" Contractor's Clamp

All this stuff comes to around $250 which I don't think is bad at all. Opinions? Anything that I don't really need? Anything I'm missing?

Thanks,

Lunari

Getting loud on a budget. Impossible? We shall see!

95 Chevy Blazer

Pioneer DEH-6700MP

RF T10001BD

AA Havoc 18"

??

Tape Measure? other then that it Looks good. It's enough to get to building boxes. You can always add on later

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Tape Measure? other then that it Looks good. It's enough to get to building boxes. You can always add on later

Everyone has a tape measure (afaik), nothing you would add/subtract?

Getting loud on a budget. Impossible? We shall see!

95 Chevy Blazer

Pioneer DEH-6700MP

RF T10001BD

AA Havoc 18"

??

Maybe pick up a roundover bit? I like to finish off my boxes with a smooth edge. Other then that your ready to build.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

yup get a spiral upcut bit

get some clamps too.

i went to harbor freight the other day and bought some 36" clamp( i think) for 6bucks each. get alot of those.

instead of the carbide tips, i'd get an upcut bit. they seem to go through wood much easier, and in my cases, last a LOT longer

exactly what i was thinking..... sprial upcuts ftw

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER