Sonic Electronix

I was thinkin, would i need to build something like a funnel around the box of my subs leading up to the cuthrough in my truck to make optimal use of output from my subs......or would it be okay to just put the box few inches back from the wall of the truck? We are getting ready to start building our box for this truck and are not sure how far back to set the box....or should we just run the sides of the box further up and let that sit against the back wall in the trunk...this is our first major blowthrough and we wanna do it right.

Hey MurderedF150, I just bought a brand new F150, and I have it just about all blacked out too (if that's what your screen name means).

Anyway, I once did a box in the bed of a Chevy S10, and a cutout through to the cab. Without going into a ton of detail, let me just try to tell you the important stuff....

I built a regular rectangle shaped box, but around the front face of it, I added a 2" lip. Around the edges of the lip, I attached that thick, weather stripping foam. So then, when I put the box in the bed, I had a freind sit behind it, with his feet against the tail gate, and push the box as tightly against the front of the bed as he could, then shot some screws in it, to hold it. Then after that, some locking nuts and bolts. Now 100% of the sound came straight into the cab.

Oh, and for the cutout (mine was 10" by 40"), I just pop riveted some tractor tire inner tube inside of the bed around that cutout, and then wrapped it around inside of the cab, and did the same thing. I started in the bottom center, worked all the way around, until I got back to, and slightly overlapped the bottom center. Worked freaking great ! Had that setup for 7 years !!! Never leaked a drop !

Oh BTW, here's my new baby.... Keeping in mind, I bought it just to tow my other baby... My Mossy Oak Shadow Grass boat. I think the color scheme works great :-) No bed cutouts on this one though..... With a Supercab, I wont have too.....

1123328b0.jpg

Peace,

Fish

thanks for the input....yeah, i was originally gonna get a black f150 and murder it out, but the dealership was out of black f150's and gave me a good deal to stay with them and get the red, so now i am stuck with a mismatched name, lol...but thanks for the input, i like that idea. i have a boot already to put around the cutout, but i might try to also do the inner tube thing for extra protection.

Archived