I was blessed as well fishing wise. I grew up in central oregon on the high plains desert. Trout fishing paradise on the deschutes river. Rainbows, German browns and brook trout. It seems I spent every waking minute on the banks of that river as a kid.

Then I moved to south-east texas and lived at a great bass lake. Lake Sam Rayburn. 660 miles of shore line. It also had great catfishing and gator gars. Plus frog giggin'.

Hey Aaron, you got me beat on Stripers... My biggest is only that 31.2 lb'er I posted, which bugs the crap out of me, as I have buddies from these parts with numerours 40 plus, and even a couple of 50 plus Stripers ! Hey, check this page I did on my site, for my old buddy Fred McClintock, from back East; http://www.trophybassonly.com/id76.htm Unbelievable stuff ! Fred is da' man ! :-)

Hey Footlong, yea', even on "normal" medium or medium heavy gear, those Sturgies really try to rip your arms off :-) I wasn't actually trying for Sturgeon when I caught that 71" Sturgeon on the micro-light..... But I had actually caught a good number of Sturgies on that same gear, up to about half that size. So I knew it was possible. But yea', quite the battle. Whooo Hooo ! :-)

Peace,

Fish

Hey Aaron, you got me beat on Stripers... My biggest is only that 31.2 lb'er I posted, which bugs the crap out of me, as I have buddies from these parts with numerours 40 plus, and even a couple of 50 plus Stripers ! Hey, check this page I did on my site, for my old buddy Fred McClintock, from back East; http://www.trophybassonly.com/id76.htm Unbelievable stuff ! Fred is da' man ! :-)

Hey Footlong, yea', even on "normal" medium or medium heavy gear, those Sturgies really try to rip your arms off :-) I wasn't actually trying for Sturgeon when I caught that 71" Sturgeon on the micro-light..... But I had actually caught a good number of Sturgies on that same gear, up to about half that size. So I knew it was possible. But yea', quite the battle. Whooo Hooo ! :-)

Peace,

Fish

Hey ill put up a pic of my striper as soon as photobucket or tiny pic gets my account figured out I cant read spanish and for some reason both accounts are in spanish but I will have some pics probably later tonight or tommorow it was fun as hell to catch it that was the second biggest fish I have ever cought. What kind of pole and reel do you use ive got a couple about 20 or 25 different setups but my favorite is my Daiwa Certate series reel on my G Loomis IMX rod