Too Much Alt?

Is there a such thing as having "too much amperage?" Could I end up doing more harm than good by adding on a bigger alt? I'm asking because I have a feeling mine is going to take a dump in the near future, and figured as long as I'm getting rid of one, I might as well upgrade, but don't know if I could end up doing more damage than if I just stayed with a stock one.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

yes and no, depends on the voltage it puts out, it would be great to have a really big strong alt so u have no voltage drop but if your amp you have now isnt stable at the voltage your new alt will be putting out then u may end up with a friend amp

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

he was asking about amperage, not voltage.

if the alts are putting out that much different voltages at the same amperage, the voltage regulator is bad, adjustable, or non existant in one of the alts

he was asking about amperage, not voltage.

if the alts are putting out that much different voltages at the same amperage, the voltage regulator is bad, adjustable, or non existant in one of the alts

ive seen it in 5 different alts, all side by side, so i was wondering what the problem was, thought the regulator was bad but the odds of it happening in 5 identical vehicles, that was odd

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

there is no max on amperage you can have in a car (other than places to mount the alts) the thing that you have to be careful of is how much voltage your produceing and what your batts. and cars elec. system can take without major damage.

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

sure they are all gonna run a little bit differrent, thats just the electronics go, but to have a huge differrence something is wrong or missing.

highest difference, 1.2 volts, lowest difference .3 volts, the .3 seems fine to me, all the vehicles had ac off, radio volume lowest it can go and headlights off

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg