Second Skin Audio

Need Your Ideas For A New Box Setup For 4 18" Bl's

Guys, been using 2 18"BL's for the last 4 months and enjoy the hell out of them and would like to upgrade to using 2 more (total of 4 18" BL's) Currently my box specs are 16CuFT with I think 112" of port (cant remember if that is accurate, accordman can verify this for me) I must redue the box as I hate the way it looks, as I installed truck bed liner on it, and it came out like shit and really bothers me. I figured while I was taking the "BASS" out of the truck for a while, I might as well go bigger this time around. I dont have much money, so this will take 2+ months to complete, but at least I will have a goal.......I want to "smack wiper blades on the windshield when completed!" Here is my current plan,

(1) buy another US Amps MD3D

(2) Install my second 145amp ACDelco alt and dual bracket assembly

(3) Get a new box build going to complete this upgrade **And this is where I need ya'lls input**

I have an 02 Tahoe, and still need 4 people to fit in my truck. Meade is able to use the back of his Tahoe with a (i think) 19CUFT box, but he is running WAY MORE WATTAGE than I will be using, so there for I will be fighting for airspace and room. What can I do? Could I setup a wall in the rear of the truck, would this give me the needed airspace, or could I still utilize a box design with all 4 18"s firing up, like my box now? Each 18" driver will be getting ~1200watts each. Anyone have pix of tahoes with rear walls, or a 4 18" sub box that can provide ample airspace for RMS wattage fed to the speakers. Thanks.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I want to send a HUGE thanks to mazdaspl for the mockup of this box, total credit goes out to him for this. I want you all to comment on it, and give me the go ahead on it. I dont know how to get the stats for this box and was hoping someone can tell me this? What is the CUFT of this box, etc...?

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=box2ml0.jpg

http://img366.imageshack.us/my.php?image=box22ax8.jpg

http://img366.imageshack.us/my.php?image=box222pa5.jpg

Looks all good. Personally I'd go for a little more port area (aim for about 300 sq. inch) but what's there is within a sensible range.

You'll want to brace it horizontally and probably double skin it as well unless you're planning a hell of a lot of resin. Otherwise that box will flex like mad when the subs are getting down to work.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Looks all good. Personally I'd go for a little more port area (aim for about 300 sq. inch) but what's there is within a sensible range.

You'll want to brace it horizontally and probably double skin it as well unless you're planning a hell of a lot of resin. Otherwise that box will flex like mad when the subs are getting down to work.

people suggest having about 11-16 sq inches of port per cu ft.

idk really to be honest with yah because meade's port is small but it works for him.

tons of power is why Steves box is smaller with less port area. It helps compensate for the xtra juice his subs are getting. If your staying in close to the rated power of your subs go with the closest to spec box you can for optimal performance.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

• 6 months later...

I want to bring this thread back to life again, as I will be starting this box build very soon. MazdaSPL, if your still around, I appreciate that mock up again bro. How can I get a "cut sheet" of that box? I AM TERRIBLE WITH MEASUREMENTS...I SWEAR TO GOD, I AM BAD WITH EM! Can someone help me with that? Thanks

**EDIT** how many sheets of 3/4 do you think this will take?

Edited by newls1