I Think My Alternator Might Be Takin A Poop On Me

alright i think its going to take a crap on me. my voltage is now dropping down to 11.2 sometimes under peak bass, and it never used to drop below 13.8 and i have changed nothing about my setup. same driving conditions so no affect on rpm. no change what so ever lol. but now its dropping and i can notice it in the subs so i havnt been cranking on it. what do you all think i should do, cheapest possible thing to do. i have two dry cells at home just never had time or wanted to cut the wall to add more runs of wire =(. what do you all think? more batts help me?

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

You can try this to see if it's starting to go. Start the car and then disconnect the battery up front and the rear if you have one. If the car starts to die and loses voltage quickly without the battery hooked up it's your alternator starting to go bad. If the car stays on and holds voltage with all the accesories off then the alt is more than likely fine.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

it was just rebuilt not even 4 months ago if that. ive got full 4 guage big three, and if my radio is on even a little it will go back up to 14.3. its not shot its life is just being shortened greatly.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Archived