Sundown Audio

Tips, Tricks, Whatever To Get To A 148.2 **update**

Once I 45 the corners, I will round the front corner over more. Right now it has a 3/4 round over already. But covering the box with duck tape??? really? What is that suppose to do?

I have not removed the rear speakers and I have not put the first place of sound deadening in the car. I am not sure sound deadeding is all its cracked up to be...

You have no sound deadener? Well, I can guarantee if you even single layered the trunk you would see and even hear a difference. I recommend double layering all of the weaker surfaces (cieling, doors, lid, etc.)

That should yield some better numbers! You'd be surprised what it can do.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

You have no sound deadener? Well, I can guarantee if you even single layered the trunk you would see and even hear a difference. I recommend double layering all of the weaker surfaces (cieling, doors, lid, etc.)

That should yield some better numbers! You'd be surprised what it can do.

Nope, only factory deadening. half the people I talked to says deadening helps the other half says no help. I would hate to be a the second group...

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Nope, only factory deadening. half the people I talked to says deadening helps the other half says no help. I would hate to be a the second group...

Well, the good news is you can get some of the off brands pretty cheap. And the worst that could happen is that it doesn't help, but I guarantee it won't hurt your numbers heh.

I consider it mandatory with my installs. But that's just my opinion. :D

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

??? what?

I didn't read what you posted before...

I was thinking about the 1st time we tested the Cvrs out in your car, which was in a different box, that raising the front of the box a couple inches helped gain a consistant tenth. That was with my box in your car though and its shorter & more spread out which was aiming the ports down into the folded back seat. Your ports sit higher now so it probably doesn't work like it did then.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Well I would like to thank everyone for their ideas and Jacob for the "carefully placed SPL enhancement indentations," that was funny. :)

Gonna start testing tomorrow and see what helps and what doesn't... I'll keep you guys posted.

edit: Weither or not any of these tips work, I still have a trunk car that can basically pound out a 145 on music daily and burp over a 147 at 40 Hz and thats pretty amazing to me.

Edited by banginAltima

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

Results for today....

For what ever reason the first hit was a 146.6... not the normal score don't know what was going on... (Seat normal for ISO)

So I tried moving the seating all the way forward.... gained a tenth. (146.7)

Then I switched the phase to 180....gained a tenth ( notsure why though) (146.8)

Raised the front of the box.... it never worked before but for what ever reason I gained two tenths (147.00)

Then after adjusting the amp the best I could with the TL I got a 147.4...the best of the day.

Something is funny with the setup since I hit a 147.7 before...

I started playing around with the radio and thought I would check the voltage from the RCA's...

at 2/3 volume it was only putting out .2 volts. I think I need a new radio or a line driver.

Not the results I was hoping for...

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

Well, the good news is you can get some of the off brands pretty cheap. And the worst that could happen is that it doesn't help, but I guarantee it won't hurt your numbers heh.

I consider it mandatory with my installs. But that's just my opinion. :D

Actually I would say the worst that could happen is it hurts the TL #'s. Since you are positive that it wont hurt his #'s and you go a s far as Guaranteeing it not hurting are you willing to give him the money he pays for the deadener and install cost to deaden his car with two full layers? or Should we assume you are blowing smoke out your butt? Sorry for the thread jack.

Great job on the numbers.

Actually I would say the worst that could happen is it hurts the TL #'s. Since you are positive that it wont hurt his #'s and you go a s far as Guaranteeing it not hurting are you willing to give him the money he pays for the deadener and install cost to deaden his car with two full layers? or Should we assume you are blowing smoke out your butt? Sorry for the thread jack.

Great job on the numbers.

I like the way you think....

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

I know it sounds crazy but have you been keeping a log of tempatures.

Outside weather, inside weather (if your in a shop that is).

How you have been running the vehicle each time before you go to meter it.

Beleive it or not there are so many little insignifficant little stupid things that can screw with your numbers.

As far as a line driver goes I have been real happy with my Phoenix Gold TLD22.

I think you can only get them on Ebay though.

I saw the seat thing, man I apologize again for being an ass.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I know it sounds crazy but have you been keeping a log of tempatures.

Outside weather, inside weather (if your in a shop that is).

How you have been running the vehicle each time before you go to meter it.

Beleive it or not there are so many little insignifficant little stupid things that can screw with your numbers.

As far as a line driver goes I have been real happy with my Phoenix Gold TLD22.

I think you can only get them on Ebay though.

I saw the seat thing, man I apologize again for being an ass.

Its not a big deal. I try it seat normal and seat laying back (what I normally do) and there was no difference.

I have not kept track of the weather.

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.